Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 95 with a e4od and just recently i went on a trip 100 miles both ways with a small trailer with a yamaha kodiak 400 .and on the way back my truck started down shifting when ever i would hit a bump in the road .my tranny was rebuilt about 4 years ago and i have had simmilar problems like this. but one time it was my distributer cap and the other time it was a vacume line so thinking that this was the problem again i bought another msd distributer and it didint fix it im starting to think its somthing actualy tranny related. any help would be appreciated im stumped.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
search.

pull codes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need to get a code finder and i ve searched up and down no one has had a problem with hitting a bump and down shifting that i could find thanx any way

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:doh0715:

No, you don't need a code finder. You can pull codes on your 95 with a paperclip.

Search.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey I just bought my '94 with the same trans and it has the same stupid problem. Guy at the tranny shop says it has to do with the shifter putting the trans into neutral every time I hit a bump and that it's a cheap and easy fix, but I haven't changed the part out yet so who knows.
Mine also does fine for about 20 miles then just downshifts out of nowhere and the only way it will go back into the higher gear is if I smash the pedal to the floor. Instead of downshifting, it upshifts. Crazy stuff...

This issue was fixed by replacing the speedomter, just FYI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts