Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, my tranny has been acting real funny, at first i thought it was in limp mode, but the od light isnt flashing. 1st to 2nd its shifting way late, around 3200. every other gear it shifts when it should but its a little rough.

it started when i crossed a little water hole. i already changed out the tranny fluid.

any thoughts?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,918 Posts
did you replace the filter as well? was the filter seated properly when you dropped the tranny pan?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Try cleaning out the bulkhead connector on the passenger side. Those like to hold dirt & water.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didnt replace the filter because i had just done it not to long ago (i also have a external filter too). i didnt drain the converter either.

everything looked good that i saw.

ill clean it out and see if it helps, thanks yall.

·
7,918 Posts
have you recalibrated your PSOM since installing the 35" tires?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to be honest, im not sure. i bought it with the 35s already on it. how would one do it?

·
7,918 Posts
i would double check. having that not setup right will cause the tranny to not shift properly and will eventually cause wear on the tranny.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
  • If it was working fine before the water crossing, it's probably NOT the PSOM, unless he got water up to his instrument panel. Also, his speedometer would be acting wonky.
  • The wrong PSOM multiplier won't cause this problem, not all of a sudden. At most it would cause a slight change in shift-point speed. Read this thread.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Sounds like you need to clean the tranny harnesses just like sig said.

I have had plenty of experience in that department. :doh0715:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts