Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ladies enjoy his
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so here is the message i just received from one of my buyers on a paintball hopper i sold about 2 weeks ago. first of all, i stated all that was wrong with it in the description and yeah there were pictures of it. secondly, the auction ended on sunday night, i had the package shipped out on thursday morning. you read the rest.

"Everything in blue below is what I wrote yesterday, before I had a chance to take that hopper up to the paintball shop. The reason that you probably didn't get it before now is that your email address is as bogus as your eBay ad, so I am sending this one through eBay. Maybe you'll get it this time.

Let me be very up front about this. I am not very happy with this transaction for a number reasons.

1. The eBay ad described the shell this way, "the shell is brand new and has never been played with." Those are your words exactly as you typed them. Explain to me then how it is that the shell has scratches all over it and there was a little piece of broken paintball shell inside. The point is that your description was not accurate to say the least and may have been a blatant lie at worst.

2. The tracking number you gave me was incorrect. It appears to have been a simple typo, but it was still incorrect. You sent me, "12 304 202 03 5309 8664," and in reality it was1Z 304 202 03 5309 8664. The second character was a Z not a 2. To be fair, it was pretty close, but completely useless nonetheless. My guess is that you are usually this careless with a lot of things that you do. At least it was closer than your bogus description of the shell being brand new.

3. It's not the end of the world, but you really took your sweet time getting this thing shipped. There was nothing in your ad saying that you would ship quickly, but you could easily have gotten off your butt and moved a little faster. Since it looks like you shipped this from your job, I don't know why you took so long. In any event, I would have expected better.

4. I can't really say that I am that impressed with the hopper as a whole. As I have not had an egg before, I will let others who know these better be the judge, but I am about as underwhelmed as I can be.

What do I want from you, you ask? In a word, nothing. Given my opinion of you so far, I don't expect I would get much, and the item was cheap enough that it's not really worth the time to pursue this much farther. As you might have guessed, I have no intention of leaving you a positive feedback. Whether I leave a neutral, negative or no feedback at all depends on what I am told by others about this egg. Don't hold your breathe though, I am not expecting much in the way of good reviews.

Now that I have had a chance to have this thing looked at, I now have a better understanding of what kind of a scumbag liar you really are. Here's what I learned.

1. You don't even have enough screws for the entire hopper. Presumably if the shell were really new, you would have a screw for every hole.

2. The impeller is also missing a screw. It should not be able to just fall off while it is running, but since you lost the screw, it can very easily. It will be an easy thing to fix, but still another waste of my time.

3. Here's an impressive one. When you took it apart and put it it all back together, you proved how truly idiotic you really are. The little board that has the contacts for the 9 volt battery was in backwards. This causes the black and red wire leads from the contacts to be stretched and only fit into the connector backwards because the wires are not long enough. This means that the batteries have to be put in backwards so that the positive current is actually sent to the board on the black wire and the negative current is sent to the board on the red wire. Gotta say, it took me a few minutes to figure out how you screwed that one up. I usually don't make it a habit of making my brain work is such a stupid fashion. The true giveaway was the fact that small board with the 9v connectors fit in both ways and it had a notch in it for the wires to rest in. That made a lot more sense than stretching the wires almost to the breaking point just so I could the plug in the wrong way.

4. If you liked that one, you'll love this. The motor was was running backwards. That's right, shithead, the impeller was running clockwise and consistently missing the feed tube, thereby causing the balls to not feed. Why, you ask? Well that's because the plug off the main circuit board was plugged into the motor backwards. Gotta admit that the motor was running smoothly in exactly the wrong direction, but it was still ****ed up because you are obviously an imbecile. The solution was just as simple as it was with the batteries. All I had to do was turn the plug around, and VOILA, the motor began running counterclockwise just like it was supposed to.

What's the point of all this?

A) You get a negative feedback
B) You are a liar (the brand new comment about an obviously used shell)
C) You are a lazy piece of shit (slow shipping)
D) You are a ****ing retard (pretty much everything else)"

so yeah....i didnt say i shipped him the nicest thing in the world, secondly this hopper is $80 new, plus $18 for a new shell...so thats almost $100 dollars, and i sold it for $10 and hes complaining about all of this...tell me what you think?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Without seeing the add it's pretty hard to say anything, but here goes. This person is a total doosh bag. If someone dogged me that way on something that was a whopping $10.00, and if he knew it was not "Brand New" to begin with than I would give him the smack down. Can't you go to ebay and get this crap off of your rating? I would check this guys crap he sells, then buy something just because and then give him even a worse smack down. Then I would stop payment on the payment somehow and dispute anything with him. Sucks that people are so bored with their own lives they have to make things bad for others.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
i think you got owned.

As an e-bay seller i make sure to post it in my ebay ads that i only ship on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so if they buy something Saturday, they know not to expect it to ship out until Tuesday. I would never wait 4 days however, to ship something.

If he used paypal, it comes with an e-mail address, that you copy and take to UPS, or the USPS so that when they enter it in the computer, he gets an email on the tracking number, so that you never have to type information like confusingly long tracking numbers out.

Regardless of what he paid for it, your description of it, with pictures, is what he is paying for. If the shell had nicks and scratches in it, you should of said "it has nicks and scratches in it" instead of saying "it's new"

If you take something apart, and don't know how to put it back together, don't take it apart in the first place, you obviously weren't watching what you were doing. If you do take it apart and are unsure of how it was put back together, mention it in the ad.

Once you "use" something, it's never the original cost anymore. If you buy a hopper, it's depreciated the instant you walk out of the store with it, and depreciates even more as you use it, so listing the new price has nothing to do with it. My bronco "new" was around $25,000, my bronco now, is not worth $25,000. I always love seeing that in e-bay auctions. This video card "new" was $500 i am selling it for $125 after it's been in my computer for 5 years, but it's still like new. No. it's not. It's been used. Like "new" would mean it's never been installed in a computer, like it's never been taken out of the box.

You definitely need to be more honest in your ads.

·
ladies enjoy his
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i admit the shipping was slow. i sent him a message saying that i was sick and sorry that the shipping was slow

the tracking number is again my fault i wrote it down wrong

the shell doesnt have nicks and scratches, i just put it on, there are a couple of parts missing which i listed in the auction. and on the taking it apart section, i put a pod of paint through it to make sure it still worked, and it worked fine for me....

yeah i know its not new, not close, thats why i sold it for $10...

the negative feedback he left me is bogus too

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
I'm with Rob, pretty much anyway. You should have covered your ass better, and the shipping thing was far from ideal. I also don't know why you took it apart...

I think that guy was an asshole about the whole thing, but you aren't in the green either...

Oh yes, I give this thread five stars for generous use of the word "hopper" :toothless .

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
I must say, he took his time writing out very concise wording and sorta p0wned you..doesn't matter how cheap you sell something if you sell an item misrepresented. Like selling a "rolls royce" without a picture and selling him a ford, an telling him for 1000 bucks he should be happy with a ford...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The eBay ad described the shell this way, "the shell is brand new and has never been played with."

If you can't refute that statement and you agree that the things he says were wrong with it then you didn't describe the item correctly. It is really that simple. Not saying you were trying to dick anybody over as I'd agree that for $10 who gives a damn but I also can't blame him for getting excited cause he thought he was getting a deal just to find out he got something he has to fix up. You'd feel the same way if, for whatever reason, you thought you were getting something brand new and got something that you then had to add parts to/repair even if it was as simple as some screws.

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
If you used it, it is not new. Regardless of price, you lied in your ad. You must have known something was amiss to sell and $80 item for $10. IMO you deserved what you got, maybe not the name calling, but the negative feedback.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Big deal, a negative feedback adds character. Once he leaves it, leave him one too, then wait about a week and submit a mutaul withdraw request once he has calmed down, half the time they take it, and no harm done, otherwise, live with it, most people are azzholes, and people on ebay are no exception. I make a living off of them

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
whats the ebay listing number?

oh I also just seen something that ebay is no longer letting sellers leave negitive feedback for buyers.

here it is...

Feedback Changes
The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.
Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)
Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.
When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.
When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.
Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.
All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.
Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Yep, read that too, don't think that one will go over well though, new President is starting this whole re-structure, he takes over at the end of March I believe when Meg Whitman Steps down. Probably not the sharpest guy messing with a company that is constantly expanding and making money, small changes are good sometimes but this loser is looking to change ALOT

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
All this over $10??? Sounds like you were wrong and he is crazy but either way I think it's not really a big deal

·
ladies enjoy his
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry, lemme clarify a few things

here is the actual ebay auction listing

"You are bidding on a used Clear Viewloader Evolution II "Egg" Paintball Hopper. The item is used and needs a new battery door cover (the reason for the tape). the shell is brand new and has never been played with. The motor runs and works great. Improve your game with an electric hopper. This hopper is capable of loading 19 balls per second, and has an eye so that it feeds balls only when you need it to. Become a pro with this hopper!!! Paypal is preferred."
Item Condition: Used

also, here is the negative feedback he left me.
"Lying jerk. Ad said brand new. Was very used. Wiring was backward. Imbecile. F-"

i had 10 other items that ended within an hour of that one on ebay, i shipped all 11 of them at the same time, here are a few of the other feedbacks i got.

"Nice Jersey no rips no stains..Very good ebayer,just as described.."

"awesome item at a great price thanks A++++"

"Great E seller Fast shipping A++"

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
like i said the guy is a toolbox, light him up with negative feedback ASAP

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I think everyone should stop using the phrase "brand new" when describing items for sale. Not just on ebay either.

·
ladies enjoy his
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think everyone should stop using the phrase "brand new" when describing items for sale. Not just on ebay either.
this is true. i've learned from this one, and i'll make better word choices next time

i just talked with customer service and i think they are going to take it off, so problem solved.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
whats the auction number

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
paypal him his 10 back and see if he will mutually withdraw.... then be more specific on ads in the future... i sit here wondering how it really went since you have not posted up the origional auction or your ebay name

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
sorry, lemme clarify a few things

here is the actual ebay auction listing

"You are bidding on a used Clear Viewloader Evolution II "Egg" Paintball Hopper. The item is used, has been played with, and needs a new battery door cover (the reason for the tape). the shell halves are brand new and have never been played with. The motor runs and works great. Improve your game with an electric hopper. This hopper is capable of loading 19 balls per second, and has an eye so that it feeds balls only when you need it to. Become a pro with this hopper!!! Paypal is preferred.

Item Condition: Used

also, here is the negative feedback he left me.
"Lying jerk. Ad said brand new. Was very used. Wiring was backward. Imbecile. F-"

i had 10 other items that ended within an hour of that one on ebay, i shipped all 11 of them at the same time, here are a few of the other feedbacks i got.

"Nice Jersey no rips no stains..Very good ebayer,just as described.."

"awesome item at a great price thanks A++++"

"Great E seller Fast shipping A++"
well, that guy might be kinda funny but he is an ass. i think you represented it pretty well, he is just a f*ckwit who can't read. hope it gets cleared up for ya.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts