Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are willing to help..

The way the harness is where the fuel pump + wires meet the connector by the fenderwell they have been cut away from the plug and the PO had them going to a constant hot when the key was on.. Well I undid it from that and had tied it into the brown wire that comes out of the FP relay (the brown wire goes to the inertia switch wich I found out is not connected for some reason)

Well anyhow.. If I read voltage on the brown wire it reads 12v but once I connect the fuel pumps to it (Like it has been for over a year) the voltage goes to 0.

Now I also took a voltage reading from the red wire that goes between the EEC and the FP relays and all I got was 2.4 volts. I would assume I'm supposed to get 12v..

is this right? does this mean I have a bad EEC relay? or could it be a bad ground?

I'm about to go buy both relays to see if that's a problem.. They were soaked with water from these bad rains we had.. Had water inside of them which I'm wonder if it cause the relays to fail.. Yesterday when I was trying to rig the bronco to make it home I did hear the FP relay make some weird noise like a circuit does when it fries itself.. So I'm wondering if the EEC relay was bad and if I burnt the FP relay trying to rig it..

My wiring diagram doesn't have the same color code that I have in the bronco.. I'm kinda at a loss..

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well forget everyone.. I think I figured out my issue...

I brought my neighbors bronco down here. and tried each of my relays in his bronco and neither one of them would let his bronco start.. So I put his 2 relays in my bronco and it fired right up..

So I'm guessing with all the water that had got in the relays messed em up.. So now I'm off to the junkyard to get some relays.. I think I'll switch over to the other relays that Steve says later...

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve83 said:
HOLY DOUBLE-POST, BATMAN!!!!!!

ya.. delete this please..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts