Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my AOD transmission just took a dump yesterday :cry . lost my 3 and 4th gear. either the clutch pack drum stripped or i broke the shaft. i will need some help swapping in a new trans.

:notworthy Tim (Redwagon), may i use your place in a month or so? your the closes to me with tools and i should be able to make it with just 1st and 2nd gear lol. i can buy food and drinks for everyone.

i'll update once i find a transmission.

thanks

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Man forget you Chris.. I ain't helpin you cause yer bronco is bigger then ours.. :)

This is the pefect thing I'm talkin about.. Fix it meet.. woot! I'll deffinetly be there this time..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I should be in, keep us updated when you know when.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Chris85xlt said:
well my AOD transmission just took a dump yesterday. lost my 3 and 4th gear. either the clutch pack drum stripped or i broke the shaft. i will need some help swapping in a new trans.

Tim (Redwagon), may i use your place in a month or so? your the closes to me with tools and i should be able to make it with just 1st and 2nd gear lol. i can buy food and drinks for everyone.

i'll update once i find a transmission.

thanks
....cant help you with a garage, if youve ever thought of doing a trans upgrade , right know i have a C-6 for sale good (no problems) no leaks, no slipping, running in truck) $300, you pay shipping, about $0.60, pound, i think its about $30-$50 heavy cargo charge, and youd have to wait a few days so i can build a crate and set it up...just puttin that out there..

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Chris85xlt said:
i'll install smaller tires so u wont feel so bad :rofl:
if your gonna hit the highway on the way there you should stick with the big meats so you can go faster.:thumbup

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Hmm beer..

I will have to say having a vehicle higher makes it easier, but our bronco with the 40's makes it just to high.. I can't get in a comfortable position to work on it. :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
hey Chris,
my offer still stands

1 - 20 of 49 Posts