Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 5.8 searched couldnt find same problem.
ok Ive been running without A/C for 2 years on this thing now. when I bought the truck the dealership converted it over to R134 the A/C worked great driving down from oregon to AZ a week after I got the truck here the A/C stopped working. I think it had a leak or something because the valve had some crap around it looked like it had leaked. I didnt pay any attention to it and put a new clutch on when that didnt work I put a new compressor on. I noticed that when I un hooked all the hoses nothing came out of the system then I realized an noticed the leak. I filled the system up with refridgerant and the clutch kicked on. YAY! but when the engine reves up it shuts off until you tap it with something. then kicks on but with the motor revs it shuts off. would that be a low pressure switch or could it be the A/C clutch ?

I kow these A/C questions suck but any help would be great.
Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
It could be low pressure or high pressure. What are your pressures. You can't diagnose a problem like this without hooking up gages. Did you vacuum the system down really good when you put refrigerant in? With it being out of refrigerant that long you should also have replaced the receiver drier. After the refrigerant has leaked out, moisture can get in through the same leak. First thing you need to do is hook up some gages and see what your pressures are doing, than troubleshoot from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts