Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another new guy here. I picked up an clean '88 Eddie Bauer (351/C6) about a week ago and have been using the search religiously since finding this site. It's got 32 BFG AT's with 3.08's in the rear.

Have done almost the full gambit of tune up requirements (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, K&N, fuel filter, flush all fluids, Seafoamed...), recharged the R12 so now I have a freaking freezing cold AC, put new brakes on the front and flushed the brake system. Hopefully I can rebuild the rear brakes this weekend. Still gotta perform a tranny flush/filter change along with the transfer case and diff. fluid change. Might add new shocks on the front as well.

Should be installing an electric fan shortly as well along with a 200A alternator (bracket is already made) that I had left over from my stereo days as an Electrical Engineering student. 9000+ watts, (3) 200A alternators and (24, yes 24) 15's in an 1988 MX-6.:shocked Yup, it was loud.:histerica

Full exhaust should be upcoming as well. That would then give me a reason to either swap in a set of GT-40 heads or port and polish the stock heads to pick up a little horsepower. I like to tinker.;)

It's a BIG change from daily driving my 475rwhp '03 Cobra to the '88. They don't quite drive the same.:rofl:

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
Hey, I know this guy!! :rofl:

With a screen name of CornerCarver I figured it would have to be someone I know. (We both frequent a car/racing forum)

Welcome, Paul. Loads of good stuff here! Nearly all of my questions so far have been answered with some searches. :)

Tommy
(still looking for a Bronco....)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tommy R said:
Hey, I know this guy!! :rofl:

With a screen name of CornerCarver I figured it would have to be someone I know. (We both frequent a car/racing forum)

Welcome, Paul. Loads of good stuff here! Nearly all of my questions so far have been answered with some searches. :)

Tommy
(still looking for a Bronco....)
:rofl:

I've had the screen name of CornerCarver for about oh, 8 years now. Got it from my auto-x racing days. I just didn't think it was fitting to use over at CC.com.;) You could imagine the smackdown that would have occured upon my first post.:shocked :histerica

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
welcome to the site. post a pic of your rig (s), i'm sure we'd all like to see em!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome aboard! The Bronco/Mustang combo is pretty popular around here, so you're not the only one. :thumbup

And people thought I was nuts for working on a bracket to mount dual 130A alternators on a serpentine Bronco. :histerica Thanks for that, now I can use your MX-6 as my "there's someone crazier than I am" justification. :twotu: Got pics of the alternator setup?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts