Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Larry and I live in Poncha Springs , Colorado. I have had 3 Broncos in my 43 yrs of driving. Latest is a 1982 , 302 4 spd that I am in the process of restoring. The other two were a 79 and a 86.
Hoping to pickup some good ideas , and maybe help out once in a while.
Here is a few picks of my new project.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

·
Joisey don't smell funny
78 Bronco Custom, 460/ZF5, Sniper upgrade, 3G, dual batt
1,549 Posts
3rd bronco... you probably know a lil' sumpin-sumpin. Welcome!

Reactions: Breezeway2021

·
Super Moderator
30,908 Posts
Yo Larry,
Welcome to our Big Bronco DIY family!
Nice looking engine bay and interior-
Here is some info for you;
1982 Ford Bronco Sales Brochure by Ford via https://www.broncocorral.com/resources/1982_ford_bronco_brochure.pdf

by Ford via Gary

EEC III Testing, Pin-Outs, Wiring & Vacuum Diagrams in an 82 by Tommy

DIY EEC III Timing Procedure by Eric, DONOTDELETE @ EEC III - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

1982 Bronco "What's New for 1982" Brochure by Ford via Gary

1982 Light Truck Facts Book by Ford via Gary

1982 Bronco Advertisement "A lion in winter!" by Ford via Gary

1982 Fastener Pictures & Illustrations by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Carburetors, Chokes & EFI by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary @ Axle Ratios - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1982 Exterior Colors by Ford via Gary

Differences in 1980-1986 Bronco/F Series by Ford via Gary

1982 Special Performance Specifications by Ford via Gary

1982 Accessories by Ford via Gary

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom
¤
For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories that requires 50 non- padded posts to buy or sell due to scammers who preyed on our members.

See How to add your 82s Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to:
Use Search
How To Edit A Post
How To Delete A Duplicate Post
How To Find Your Content
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts
How To Search The Site
and more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links), including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.
¤
Please take time to Participate & VOTE in our current Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Prizes are awarded! A full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted. Also, a years worth of premium FSB membership is awarded to the winner.

Al

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yo Larry,
Welcome to our Big Bronco DIY family!
Nice looking engine bay and interior-
Here is some info for you;
1982 Ford Bronco Sales Brochure by Ford via https://www.broncocorral.com/resources/1982_ford_bronco_brochure.pdf

by Ford via Gary

EEC III Testing, Pin-Outs, Wiring & Vacuum Diagrams in an 82 by Tommy

DIY EEC III Timing Procedure by Eric, DONOTDELETE @ EEC III - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

1982 Bronco "What's New for 1982" Brochure by Ford via Gary

1982 Light Truck Facts Book by Ford via Gary

1982 Bronco Advertisement "A lion in winter!" by Ford via Gary

1982 Fastener Pictures & Illustrations by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Carburetors, Chokes & EFI by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary @ Axle Ratios - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1982 Exterior Colors by Ford via Gary

Differences in 1980-1986 Bronco/F Series by Ford via Gary

1982 Special Performance Specifications by Ford via Gary

1982 Accessories by Ford via Gary

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom
¤
For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories that requires 50 non- padded posts to buy or sell due to scammers who preyed on our members.

See How to add your 82s Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to:
Use Search
How To Edit A Post
How To Delete A Duplicate Post
How To Find Your Content
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts
How To Search The Site
and more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links), including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.
¤
Please take time to Participate & VOTE in our current Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Prizes are awarded! A full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted. Also, a years worth of premium FSB membership is awarded to the winner.

Al
Holly Moley! ,
Thanks for all the info and welcoming.
Early 90's was last time I played with a Bronc , feel like I gotta start all over! LOL
This is a great site!

Reactions: miesk5

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,516 Posts
Hey Larry, welcome to FSB and congrats on the 82. I approve lol! Looks like the powerplant is pretty fresh and the interior is pretty complete. You'll have to start a build thread so we can keep up with what you're doing to 'er.

A couple quick little updates I've done is a 4th gen cowl cover and a 4th/5th gen fuel fill tube. The later cowl cover has little holes instead of the wide slots and is better at keeping debris out. The later fill tube has a better designed vent tube that makes filling up easier.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Bronc ya got ur self!
Thanks for the info and welcome. :)

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,566 Posts
Cool looking Bronco for sure & I second the suggestion on updating the cowl, or adding a screen mesh to the back side to keep debris out if you want to keep your original patina.

That's the 1st time I've seen a non a/c heater box & its really small & cleans up the engine bay nicely! I would pull the cowl, heater core & heater box & look for debris in there, it is often clogged full with sticks, leaves, mouse nests, ect. & besides drastically reducing airflow to your heater vents, it can also be a fire hazzard.

If the hvac cavity is full of debris, chances are it is, then the cowl may be full of that stuff too which can rust it out. Clean all that out & if its good & solid still, apply a fresh coating of seam seal in there to stop any leaks from entering the cabin, which are often mistaken for windshield leaks & that water will get to the floors and start rusting them out as well. Yours looks like a much more solid starting point than mine tho, so hopefully much easier to make nice!!

Check out my build thread at the bottom of my post on my 86, pretty extensive rebuild I'm still not done with yet on an 86.

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks Rob ,
I will check out the cowl and the heater box for sure. Does the cowl panel just bolt in or is it welded also? It sat under a big pine tree for the last 18 yrs , so I bet your right. I hope it isn't to bad. This is the first rig I am going to attempt to replace quarter panel sections , so I should get plenty of practice at welding in new metal! LOL

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,566 Posts
There is a cover that comes off with the big open slots that let all that stuff in, but under that, the box section that forms the cowl itself & holds the wipers & wiper motor is all welded in. Mine was absolutely wasted, gone, rusted thru so I cut mine off in pieces, (cuz I didn't realize how bad it was) but it would be better to cut off in 1 big piece, but a big p.i.t.a. either way... see my build thread, but fingers crossed yours isn't that bad & some cleaning, rust inhibitor, seam sealer, & you're on your way... mine was a Tennessee truck, moved to michigan, and i suspect the road salt got mine, which I don't believe is as bad in Colorado. There's an 87-91 cowl for reference with the correct hood lines & smaller holes verses the 80-86 open slots. Don't panic, yours may be fine!

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is a cover that comes off with the big open slots that let all that stuff in, but under that, the box section that forms the cowl itself & holds the wipers & wiper motor is all welded in. Mine was absolutely wasted, gone, rusted thru so I cut mine off in pieces, (cuz I didn't realize how bad it was) but it would be better to cut off in 1 big piece, but a big p.i.t.a. either way... see my build thread, but fingers crossed yours isn't that bad & some cleaning, rust inhibitor, seam sealer, & you're on your way... mine was a Tennessee truck, moved to michigan, and i suspect the road salt got mine, which I don't believe is as bad in Colorado. There's an 87-91 cowl for reference with the correct hood lines & smaller holes verses the 80-86 open slots. Don't panic, yours may be fine!

View attachment 196017
Just read your build! Man , you are as OCD as I am! LOL
It will help a lot when I get to panels.
Thanks to the awesome write up!
Off to shop to work on Bronc! LOL

Reactions: Rob_64-365
1 - 20 of 23 Posts