Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '80 Bronco with a 351W. I know this is not the original motor (351M). I'd like to replace the fuel pump. It appears to be leaking. However, when I go to the local autoparts store and tell them what I want, I get the blank stare followed by, "Sir, your vehicle has a 351M not a 351W." Will this fuel pump work in a 351W? What should I ask for to get the correct fuel pump?

Thanks.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
The stock pump should work just fine unless you're runin any boost. If all else fails, pull the thing and take it to them. They should be able to find one.

P.S. Napa is pricey, but they tend to have all the odd ball stuff, so if the regulars guys don't have it, go to Napa!

Where in Chesapeake do you live? I used to live out in Great Bridge, just before Old Hickory, where they just finished all of that construction. And a lil further down the road, I trained at Blackwater about 15 minutes south into NC.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Find out what vehicle that motor came from, along with the year, and tell em that. Works for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jerry 1 a b said:
The stock pump should work just fine unless you're runin any boost. If all else fails, pull the thing and take it to them. They should be able to find one.

P.S. Napa is pricey, but they tend to have all the odd ball stuff, so if the regulars guys don't have it, go to Napa!

Where in Chesapeake do you live? I used to live out in Great Bridge, just before Old Hickory, where they just finished all of that construction. And a lil further down the road, I trained at Blackwater about 15 minutes south into NC.
I live in Deep Creek. Not too far from Great Bridge. Moved there about a year ago. When did you live there?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cultex said:
Find out what vehicle that motor came from, along with the year, and tell em that. Works for me.
Anyone know a year/model that came with the 351W from the factory? The prior owner told me the engine was from a '78. However, the '78 Bronco didn't come with a 351W from the factory :confused:

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
It's been about 3 years now. I'm in Kentucky now though.

Are you sure that you have a 351w? Maybe you should get the casting number and find out to be sure. Either way, if you replace the pump with what you have now, you shouldn't have any problems. Just take it out and head to the auto parts store with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts