Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to look at a 1988 Bronco this weekend and the guy tells me that it is a solid axle in the front.I asked if he swapped it in and he said no,it came stock that way.Is this possable in a 88????It sounded a little strange to me but I thought I might get your oppinion.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
86caprirs said:
So then he is $hitting me then.I thought so because there are so many forums on the SAS for Bronco's and F-150's.I figure I should avoid this Bronco then.

Why avoid it? If it's got an SAS already accomplished, then it may be quite a good deal, if whoever did the work, did a good job.

I'd at least check it out...Maybe you'll score a good deal.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Steve83 said:
I'm betting you'll find a D44IFS under it. :thumbup
I concur 100%.....I bet the only reason this guy thinks he has a solid axle, is because he knows it aint hollow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll bet you will find that it's a 78 instead of an 88. Some of us old farts have been known to lose a whole decade.

Steve

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
yeah
its prolly a ttb, maybe he just seen the pumpkin under the truck, and thought it was a solid.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I did not get the Bronco. But I did find a vehical.A 1992 Ford Xplorer 4.0L 5-speed 4x4 instead. I know it is not a Bronco but it should have been the Bronco II instead of the other design that Ford went with. Well it is still a 4x4 and good on fuel but not big enough to play with the Big Dogs.
Thanks for all your help and info.You guys were a welth of info.:thumbup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts