Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking on the site for a few months since I figured I was gonna get myself a fullsize. Was looking around on the internet for awhile to see what my options were and came across the perfect project, or so I thought.

This became mine for a little under $900. Dealership in New Jersey was selling it for parts as it needed a bit of work. They claimed it had really bad power steering issues. I checked and the reservoir was empty. I filled it up and no problems since. Also needed an exhaust system as the stock one was rotted pretty bad. The muffler actually fell off while towing it back. Luckily it fell in front of rear tire and stayed on the trailer. I got it back to my work, cut the exhaust right after the cat and just bolted up a muffler for now to quiet it down. Ill deal with headers later.

Was looking for options for tires and picked some of these up for $100 a tire

Wheels are from summit racing. 16.5"x9.75" with 4.5" backspacing.
Tires are 37"/12.5"-16.5"

Yes I fit 37" tires on a stock bronco with very little rubbing. Backspacing was the key I believe.

Also in the photo you can see that I also painted the truck a flat black. Whole paint job cost me $43 for paint/tape/drop cloth to cover what I didnt want black. Also tinted the rear windows with a 5% film.

I work in a body shop so we can all kinds of stuff that comes in for random reasons. Couple weeks ago a FJ Cruiser comes in so its rack can be replaced because it had been scratched. Which led to this

A lot of people on here might not like it but I couldnt careless. I bought the truck for cheap and have 0 intentions of caring about what it has on it or what it looks like. I bought it for a purpose. To have fun and be functional

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
nice rig man. closer to our side of town. these darn VA beach guys are taking over :haha

but it looks good, you plan on wheeling it? gore is right next to winchester and big dogs does a few events during the year.

and 37s on a stocker? dang, but your bumper is dropped kinda low, sure you arent running a small body lift?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Welcome fellow Nova bronco lover!

chaulk one more for the nova team...va beach dudes are multiplyin all over, glad we got one more to offset the beachy broncos

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Positive there is 0 body lift on this thing. Took front bumper off and everything is stock.

I do plan in wheeling. First day i had it on the road i took it up to gore/cove up to the shooting range.

Fj rack is not bent at all. I just cut the middle feet off as they sat about 3 inches high off of the roof

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was down near woodstock this weekend so I figured I might as well take her up George Washington national forest on powell mountain trail. She did pretty good. Wheeled up the whole thing never having to use 4wd at all. Which is kind of disappointing but it happens. The tires did pretty well on all the rocks and everything up there. Only thing that broke was the exhaust, but i mentioned that being an issue in my first post. Had a great time up there.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
welcome to FSB, lookes like a good wheeling rig. keep checking the dixie chapter about wheeling dates may see you in the GWNF some time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts