1 2027l
1 2233l
1 2234r
8ft 1.5" od x .25 DOM tube
and 1 grainger catalog .....

Tapping the box

Center the box ,pull the sector shaft out

Then pull the worm gear thing out...

I got the locations for the wholes and the writeup from Zilla's Ram assist thread.

The tap is 1/4 - 18 NPT. 7/16 drill bit.

The Fitting is a Jic 9/16-18 Flare to 1/4-18 NPT. I got them at a local hydraulic Supply store Called Pirtek.

Clean that bad jackson up and put it back together.See the caps on the fittings? i bought those because i wanted to test it without the ram to make sure it still worked. They are just Caps for the Jic 9/16-18 FlARE

Now wrestle it back in the truck.

HF chop saw Took it like a man.

Es2234r on the left and 2233l on the right, i think, someone correct me if im mixed up

es 2027l on pitman arm after reamed

reaming Es 2233l for es 2026r

My camera makes my TIG look shitty,anyways thats a trussed es 2233l.i was bored.....

Ill have the ram on Sunday Sometime, Still need to make a bigger resivore for Fluid.
Here is Zilla's thread i used

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10413&highlight=ram+assist

more pics later

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like the gusset on the TRE. I have seen a pic somewhere on the net of one of those ends that had bent very badly. That is one of the reasons I went with heims and DOM. Did you not consider flipping the TRE's on top of the knuckle for more ground clearance? I can post a pic of my modified pump reservoir. I cut the plastic housing in half and fitted a piece of radiator hose between the halves. It is just a stock PS pump for an 85 Bronco modified for more flow. Works great.

DK

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DRK said:
I like the gusset on the TRE. I have seen a pic somewhere on the net of one of those ends that had bent very badly. That is one of the reasons I went with heims and DOM. Did you not consider flipping the TRE's on top of the knuckle for more ground clearance?

the bending of the TRE was in one of zilla's threads.

and yes i did consider flipping the tre's but didnt wanna mess up my draglink-Trac bar angles.its near perfect right now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks awesome. I already did HA, but I'm about to do the chebby TRE thing. Ineresting about the truss, I think I will do that.

Where did you get your TRE's from?

Also, I can't tell very well but your tie rod looks very close to you diff cover... Does it not hit at full lock?

BTW, nice diff cover, did you fab it?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RAWPOWER said:
Looks awesome. I already did HA, but I'm about to do the chebby TRE thing. Ineresting about the truss, I think I will do that.

Where did you get your TRE's from?

Also, I can't tell very well but your tie rod looks very close to you diff cover... Does it not hit at full lock?

BTW, nice diff cover, did you fab it?
the truss is cool but it didnt help the part right by the jamb nut though.

tre's are cheapys from local auto parts store.25$ a piece or so

the tie rod does clear, on my old tie rod it was a little bigger and never hit at full lock. my tires hit radius arm before full lock.i have to adjust stops too...

thanks on the cover, yes i did fab it up.since im going to mount the ram the the cover ill beef it up more tomorow.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Thanks for all the part numbers and specifics, I'm going to be using Chevy TRE's on my SAS and I wasn't sure what to order

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
ToddACimer said:
Thanks for all the part numbers and specifics, I'm going to be using Chevy TRE's on my SAS and I wasn't sure what to order

Dood read thru Crazed's and Shadofax's. They list part #'s and even lengths and size of tube.

Also you can order a kit from partsmike.com that is all ready reamed on the one TRE. You just supply measurements for the length of the tube.

Sorry for the hijack. Looks kewl.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for compliments guys.

the tube is 1.5x.250 1" inside DOM
badass1tonf100 said:
very nice... did you have to modify anything inside the steering box to allow for more flow?
I did not modify the stearing box or Sag pump

chvyboat, thanks for that tip, ill probaly add another truss were i can fit it, to help the in and out bend

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2nd Round.
My resivore, i spent way to much time on that by the way...

almost done welding here

Checking everywere for binding and clearance

On the operating table

multi passing...and no i didnt weld right next to the brake cleaner :)

more of the same...

hose and fittings.

i dontreally like how the hoses are but for right now their staying there

after hours of bleeding and adjusting shit its finally working

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i bled it a couple different ways...mainly just turning the wheels from lock to lock for about an hour,with the weight off the tires.then unhooking lines and fittings letting it bleed out from there.theres still probably air in it but itll work its way out.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bought the reamer off ebay from xkut.part number is in first post...

no i didnt prime it.probably should have though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i found a reamer for 69.99 at complte offroad. i have usedit about 5 times and it has well paid for itself. the first time i had a pitman arm reamed i shopped around and the cheapest place around here charged me $75 to REMOVE metal! i was pissed!

-cutts-

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,013 Posts
RAWPOWER said:
How did you bleed it? I think I STILL have some air in my ram...
I left the fittings on the ram slightly loose so they would leak a tiny bit, and then filled the system till they did leak. then i started the truck up, and cranked the wheel back & forth till the fluid didnt look like it was going down (in the reservoir) anymore. Maybe 5 minutes???? Never had a problem after that.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so who has modded their sag pumps?

ive read the tech over at westtexasoffroad, and played around with it alittle.

he recomends not drilling the fitting more then 5/32.why?

anyways, i drilled mine to 7/32 (because i dont listen to recomedations very easily), shimmed the piston spring and streched the big ass spring to 2.5 inches.

actually i wanna drill it bigger for even more flow but i dont think i will unless some one can change my mind.

ill test and post pics tomorow ,but i wanna hear from people that have modded their pump.

and ive read that this puts more strain on the whole system,but i dont care :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.