Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I essentially left the truck in the driveway for 10 years.. I knew there was surface rust developing, but hadn't really taken stock of it. I took the truck over to the car wash today, and while scrubbing it down discovered a couple of disturbing spots...

Most of this I assume can be sanded and treated to stop the rust, but the gutter areas are bad. Am I screwed here:?

Gutters...

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
The silver on the OBS fords is known to burn off quick and surface rust over; as that is now bare metal. It just needs sanded well and repainted. I suggest base coat/ clear coat on the repaint. You dont want to leave it long like that because hard surface rust becomes harder to remove with sanding and the metal pits more.

The gutter will need grinded down, treated and filler put in them upon repaint. You want to get that taken care of ASAP before holes form and your cab gets the interior ruined and the floor rotted out.

TLDR you need a repaint. The silver + the roof at the bare minimum. If you only wanted to do the bad sections single stage paint would be best route for that and it's also cheaper.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The driver's side will need more than grinding; I have a crack there at the end of the gutter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.