Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after doing some very extinsive(sp?) research and looking all over the interner i have found 3 companies that make soft tops for the 80-96 bronco

im sure everyone knows of STC soft tops...they make the toneau cover and the safari style

then there is skylar. i dont know much about them and am still researching them

the third i was dumbfounded by...well while I was at the local parts store on monday i started talking to him about soft-tops. I told him about the STC and said that was probably the only option. He then proceeded to look at me very strangely and laugh. He said to me, "There's one more." so come to find out that Bestop, yes I said it right, Bestop makes a top for the 80-96 FORD BRONCO.

He said he was going to check and make sure they still do since the last time he ordered one was 6 months ago...which isnt that long. I have looked on their site and cannot fine one..but he said they make them, you just have to call the factory and talk to the right people.

From what he has said, it uses the hardtop bolt holes and doesnt require any drilling...i am going back to talk with him tommorow so i will let you know

in the meantime, can some1 give me a website that sells skylar soft tops, i cannot find it anywhere

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,033 Posts
Extensive research huh?

1, Bestop, http://www.bestop.com/index.php?a=32

Show me one for a 78-79 or 80-96. I did already know they made them for EB's. Evidently the Bestop rep doesn't.

2 Skyler I think is a no go anymore
3STC still going strong, which bought out the former Kayline. And that's all I've ever heard of aside from Canback promising to make one for a Bronco since the ice age.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best top

:thumbup Before rushing off and buying a Bestop soft top a few things you should know. I have one on my 89, I love it, but unlike what some might say the installation does require drilling. You have to drill to install the aluminum pieces to which you attach the snaps. It's not difficult but it does require some thought and planning. Over time the snaps also pull out of the cloth. When I get my next soft top it will be made by a local boat top builder with my requirments taken into effect, like windows that zip out like a jeep. It will cost about twice as much as the Bestop but for me it's money well spent. Good luck with yours. remember measure twice drill / cut / screw once and follow the directions. :rockon

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...like i said..i've looked for sklyar and havent foudnt hem anymore..i didnt know if they were still in business or not

and yes on the bestop website it doesnt show it...but according my parts guy, they made them 6 months ago (last time he ordered one) and he was calling today to check..he said that some ppl inthe company dont know they make them...he said if you know the right ppl and can work your away around with bestop you can find them...they just dont make very many

and im still going with the STC its the only one that doesnt require drilling...althought that doesnt matter much since im about to get some body work done to mine...were just waiting for the soft top to make surewe dont ahve to put anymore holes in her

1 - 7 of 7 Posts