Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Does any one know of a way to just run direct power from the dash switch to the tailgate motor. The tailgate switch was taken apart by the p/o and can't find another. Dash switch shows power but it isn't getting to tailgate. Motor is fine, as we have a spare battery sitting in the back and can jumper it to lower and raise the glass. Can the tailgate switch be completely removed from the equation? Don't have a key for it anyway, just want to be able to lower and raise glass from the dash.
You should be able to just cut the wires and connect them to each other from the rear switch for each set, but don't mess with the center wire, should be black/white as that is the power for the rear switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does any one know of a way to just run direct power from the dash switch to the tailgate motor. The tailgate switch was taken apart by the p/o and can't find another. Dash switch shows power but it isn't getting to tailgate. Motor is fine, as we have a spare battery sitting in the back and can jumper it to lower and raise the glass. Can the tailgate switch be completely removed from the equation? Don't have a key for it anyway, just want to be able to lower and raise glass from the dash.
I did this on my 95 and I ran a direct link to the battery the hard part is figuring out which pins take power ground and the wires that go to the motor but top left is power top right is ground the two in the middle are the motor wires one positive and one negative and the bottom pin is another ground so just wire power and grounds to the dash switch then wire the dash switch directly to the motor and it will work with the car on or off…

21 - 23 of 23 Posts