Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so i have fished through and search every possible thread for an answer to this problem my 94 5.0 is having... squeaking noise... only when im at a dead stop, if i push on the gas pedal and accelerate too fast i hear this squeak... no idea of where it is coming from... WD-40?? Please help... thanks

elaboration- the squeak happens for literally a second then stops.. no other issues besides the ever so popular clockspring issue

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
Grab a grease gun and put some grease in every zerk fitting you can find. Check your radius arm bushings, check the u-joints for wear. Could be any number of things.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
My grandson's 96 F-150 did that. Squeaked at idle.. Tried belt dressing on it...nothing. Replaced the serpentine belt and the squeak stopped. Not saying it is what you have but.... We even listened with an engine stethascope and everything sounded good.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I say it's the belt, but before buying parts I would pop off the belt and check all your pulleys. Make sure nothing is hard to turn such as the alternator,ac compressor, water pump, snog pump. Mine squeaked also, ended up being the alternator bushing was starting to go and causing excess friction on the belt causing it to squeak every once and awhile.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I'm with alcoholic33 on this. You might try using a short section of garden hose to listen, but don't wear loose clothing, long jewelry, or long hair that can get caught in any moving parts. Be careful!
The safer way is to pull the belt and move the various pullys. At about 130,000 miles most of them are about ready to go. I don't know how many miles you have on your rig.

There is a free tool that you can get to measure the depth of your serpentine belt to see if it is due to be replaced.
I'll see if I can find a link for you.

http://www.fordforumsonline.com/for...ree-tool-serpentine-belt-wear-guage-tool.html

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
I would suggest taking the belt off, then turn each component by hand. If you feel a large abnormal drag, that could be a suspect. I would go ahead and replace the belt too, its the first cheap and easy fix I would think of.
After that, Idler pulley, tensioner pulley, Smog Pump, PS Pump then A/C compressor. Any one of those things could squeak.

·
Registered
457 Posts
ive heard of a tensioner as well causing that. a friends ranger has a bad power steering pump. some days the pump squeaks horrible. you could hear him for miles. other days its silent. ive also heard of a cheap belt being the problem. just the construction i guess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.