Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get to this thing? Where do I access the antenae? I need to replace it but I can't get how to disconnect it.:whiteflag

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I spent 5 hours figuring out how to remove the whole thing. I removed it, went to ford to pick up a new one. (came with everything) Got home, opened the box abd the first thing that fell out of the box were instructions on how to remove and replace the whole assembly.:banghead

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spent 5 hours figuring out how to remove the whole thing. I removed it, went to ford to pick up a new one. (came with everything) Got home, opened the box abd the first thing that fell out of the box were instructions on how to remove and replace the whole assembly.:banghead
So... :shrug

You gonna help a brother out?

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Disconnect the cable from the radio. In the upper passenger corner of the dash, to the right of the glovebox is a rubber grommet that the cable goes thru. Remove the grommet. Go out and remove the chrome cover on the antenna base. There will be 4 screws holding the antenna to the cowl. Take those out and pull the cable thru as you remove the antenna. You can attach a piece of string to the end of the cable for reinstallation of the new cable instead of trying to fish it thru.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Be sure before you start yanking on anything you remove the cable from all the clips on the bottom of the dash, its snapped in about 10 different places and weaved in and around stuff. It is difficult to get the funky grommet to snap in to the cowel. They sell a antenna extender at Discount, I'd reccomend getting one, it goes in the radio end and gives you a few extra inches which makes things easier.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I tore off the stock antenna on the trail on my second trip out so all I have is a nub on the hood :)

I'd be interested in relocating it and I'm curious if anyone has found an easy way (kit?) to do this.

Not trying to hijack the thread, I just recommend that you move it if you plan on wheeling in the woods.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I tore off the stock antenna on the trail on my second trip out so all I have is a nub on the hood :)

I'd be interested in relocating it and I'm curious if anyone has found an easy way (kit?) to do this.

Not trying to hijack the thread, I just recommend that you move it if you plan on wheeling in the woods.
There may be a picture in my albums of mine, just buy a stubby rubber antenna. Hahah they're about 14"... Not sure where it came from (po installed) but that may be a good option. Reception ok

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

I plan on trying this windshield mount antenna. I'm not sure how it will work signal wise but it will eliminate the outside antenna.

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-44UA200-Univ-Glass-Amplfd/dp/B0007WRQ8K/ref=pd_sim_e_4

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
There may be a picture in my albums of mine, just buy a stubby rubber antenna. Hahah they're about 14"... Not sure where it came from (po installed) but that may be a good option. Reception ok
:stupid

Why not just install a Flexible Stubby Antenna? Mine works great! Easy install, just screw it in...

·
Registered
616 Posts
My other FSB had one of those when I bought it, it was a piece...replaced with regular antenna from JY for $5 and got twice as many stations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts