Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
tired of your sh!t
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should the bracing be...flat plate with some speed holes, like some radius arms, 1X2 ,or tube? Evilbronc? peanut gallery?

·
tired of your sh!t
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never thought of that you :rockon

can you put evilbronc in there instead,for the pic?

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Looks decent. But, The custom Nobs cut out compares to that 1/3 chevy, 1/3 Jeep, 1/4 rockwell, 1/8 ford on the scary steering site...

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
I would just thorugh some flat plate in there and call it good. maybe put a couple speed holes if you so desire

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
Haha thats good! But seriously the flat plate and speed holes sound nice. Those look nice dude!

·
Well Done Man!
1,620 Posts
I don't thing you need anything in there, But are you going to have a shackle frame mount? or does that tube telescope?
If it telescopes then i would plate it with some 1/4 and speed hole it

·
tired of your sh!t
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welndmn said:
I don't thing you need anything in there, But are you going to have a shackle frame mount? or does that tube telescope?
If it telescopes then i would plate it with some 1/4 and speed hole it
it telescopes with 1 1/4" solid round. should I set screw in one side so it's replaceable or just plug weld?
and thanks.

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
If you're not going to use a shackle (any reason??) I would plug weld. Set screws suck... they break and strip out too much for something in that situation. Depending on how much you plan to set the round stock in the front end tube, I would use at least two plug welds

·
tired of your sh!t
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the plugs would suck to drill out if the round stock wears out.It'll last along time with a zerk for grease,but eventually it will have to be replaced. locking collar ideas?

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to run a shackle instead? You could sleeve the two ends, either with the round stock, or another piece of tube, but personally, I would rather see that run the shackle. I forget where now, but I did see a guy run the slip joint from an old jeep, or scout, driveline on his anti-wrap bar... whatever teh F it was from, it was a small slip joint (pto, maybe?)

·
tired of your sh!t
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shackle shmackle. Everyone does that.

**** it...plug weld it is. kiss :)

·
tired of your sh!t
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got a stack of 1/4' plate kicking around. good call on the sleeve

·
tired of your sh!t
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it's goin on evilbronc's truck when he gets around to doing the add a leaf.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts