Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What speed are you paying for and what are you actually getting?

I like the 6mbps down idea, but 768kbps down? Kinda lame.

I'm trying to find an ISP for our new apartment and it seems like ATT DSL is the only thing I can get.... I'm looking at cable providers too but I can't seem to find any in my area :shrug

·
The "Dim"olitioner....
879 Posts
I had it, fairly fast, got a thing in the mail today about a lawsuit filed against AT&T that states AT&T's DSL was slower than what it actually was supposed to be.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
10,765 Posts
I have it.I have the elite.Up to 6.0 Mbps down is fairly accurate,according to speed tests I have done. $45.00 per month stand alone .A little less if you have another service with them.I have had them about 5 years.So far so good.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would get the elite if I did get their service. How's the upload?

If you would, could you do me a big big favor and run these two tests:

www.speedtest.net

www.pingtest.net

and post here with the results?

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
The fastest they offer in the boondocks where I live is 3 Mbps. I get every bit of it. The service has been great, although I do pay the 6mbps price for the 3Mbps package, because they are the only land line provider out here and they can charge that and get away with it.

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
I left ATT DSL for Comcast and I regret it. DSL was better then cable hear, faster and it never knocked me offline. I will be switching back to ATT after my 6 months contract.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm mostly just worried about the upload speeds. With our current ISP (wireless internet) we get about 5mbps down and 2mbps up, but since it's wireless our latency is really choppy sometimes. Depends on what bird flies through the line of site or how hard it's raining or whatever.

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
I'm mostly just worried about the upload speeds. With our current ISP (wireless internet) we get about 5mbps down and 2mbps up, but since it's wireless our latency is really choppy sometimes. Depends on what bird flies through the line of site or how hard it's raining or whatever.
I get .4 mbps down and .16 up, so dont feel bad :thumbup

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bytes or bits?

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
I ran the speedtest just to see what my roadrunner cable $45 got me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts