Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pdf of adjustable camber bushing install but wouod like some photos if anyone has any?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I have a pdf of adjustable camber bushing install but wouod like some photos if anyone has any?
Well, it just comes out the top of the arm after the castle nut is removed...although it doesn't come out without a fight. Penetrating oil and an assortment of pullers helps. Also, if you beat on the top of the arm next to the bushing with a 3lb sledge that can help drift it up.

After that you slide the new ones in, position them and torque the castle nut back on.

·
Administrator
22,850 Posts
Well, it just comes out the top of the arm after the castle nut is removed...although it doesn't come out without a fight. Penetrating oil and an assortment of pullers helps. Also, if you beat on the top of the arm next to the bushing with a 3lb sledge that can help drift it up.

After that you slide the new ones in, position them and torque the castle nut back on.
assuming he already had a camber bushing in there...if not you have to remove the spacer which requires a special socket.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So basically its removing the cotter pin on the top castle nut, removing the castle nut all the way, hammering out the old and adding in the new adjustable..

edit*

nvm, it said to help remove the lower castle nut cotter pin and losen the lower nut

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
When you replace them you are going to need a full alignment done. So why not just take it to the alignment shop with the adjustable bushings and let them deal with it?

Lifetime alignments at Firestone has paid for itself many times.
Most places around here charge a hour labor per side to extract and install bushings.

I have the Superlift 3 degree c/b in mine and I installed them and then took it in to get alignment. If the old ones are not frozen in there, then what I do to get them out is loosen the castle nut and the top and use a regular hammer and tap the nut and the bushing starts to work its way up on its own. Then before I install the new ones, I lube the outer wall of the bushing with bearing grease and knock them down. That way it ensure easy adjustability for yourself to get it as close as you can to drive it to the shop. I have a mock up thick wall pvc pipe for each front tire and and strap them to the tire and run my measurements front and back of tire off that to get it pretty damn close on my own.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you replace them you are going to need a full alignment done. So why not just take it to the alignment shop with the adjustable bushings and let them deal with it?

Lifetime alignments at Firestone has paid for itself many times.
I have my lifetime alignment with firestone, already used it 3 times :thumbup

they want $50 per side for labor along with buying their parts and not bring in my own so im saving myself a few hundred by doing the bushings myself.

and my firestone is less than a few blocks down so I should be good on getting it there once its done.

·
Super Moderator
27,708 Posts
Here is some info from Ingalls;
1980-1996 Ford Bronco, 4WD
53200 - Fully Adjustable Camber/Caster Bushing; Adjustment range of +3/4° to +2-3/4° Order 1 per wheel
http://www.ingallseng.com/mmy.php?year=1985&make=54&model=633&bbpart=Caster/Camber Bushing
&
See details 40000 Series - Dodge/Ford OE Style Offset Camber/Caster Bushing
Drive Type: 4WD
Position: Front
Qty Required per Position: 2
Offsets from 0° to 2-3/4°
Order 1 per wheel
-----
43200 Series - Fully Rotational Offset Camber/Caster Bushing
Drive Type: 4WD
Position: Front
Qty Required per Position: 2
Offsets from 1/4° to 2-3/4°
Order 1 per wheel
----
Camber Bushing, Fully Adjustable, Offset Installation, Diagrams & Specifications, Ford (Ingalls 53200)
Source: by ingallseng.com

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Here are a few pics of when I did mine (mine were superlift adjustables if I recall):

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/628/13097

I don't remember too much about this since the pics are from 6 yrs. ago. I do remember and will pass on the words of wisdom....."you don't need directions, once you get one in and turn it back and forth you'll understand/see how it corrects camber (and can slightly adjust caster as well) depending on where they are turned to."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts