Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad won this coin collecion back in 76 or 77. Its been stashed away since then. I came across it about 14 years back when we moved into our new house. My dad said i could have it and i just put it away. I was throwing out some stuff and came across it today. Im curious to know if any of this is worth more than face value. Anyone collect coins? Is this worth much?

Pictures:

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Yes, some of it is. although probably not enough to fund your bronk.

Those buffalo nickels are worth a little, the liberty silver dollar, and those silver colored pennies from back in WWII (they needed all the copper they could get for bullets!!!)

to bad that lincoln cent collection doesnt go threw 82 at least

Thats wicked cool though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Don't know what they are worth but that is really cool! I have some of the war time coins and some silvers but I've never seen anything like the frames you have they displayed in, very very cool.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
some of those are silver coins even in the one not marked silver. they are cool decoration that i would think would fetch $30 apeice to the right person.

that being said put it on ebay and you might sell it for $500 to some dumbass!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
, and those silver colored pennies from back in WWII (they needed all the copper they could get for bullets!!!)
Those are made of steel. They arent really worth anything. Dealing with pennies about the only ones that are worth anything are the 1909 vdb I think. I used to collect pennies for some reason.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
If that Washington dollar is a silver certificate it should be worth a pretty good bit of change too.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
actually the rare copper penny of 1943 i think it was. just happened that there was a few copper blanks in the machine when it was stamped. Those i might say are really rare, and worth SERIOUS coins!!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
87EBBronco said:
If that Washington dollar is a silver certificate it should be worth a pretty good bit of change too.
Worth about $4.00 now. I have about 50 of them. I have a bunch of old coins I started buying years ago as investments. Mostly Morgans, but I have some of evrything. I have some from the 1800s that are uncirculated. I also keep every state or bicentennial quarter I come across. Face value of my collection is over $5000.00. I have no idea what the actual value is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts