Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
colin. come on now. F150/Bronco same same. i'm sure that if a Bronco has problems with the TTB the F150 will as well. :rolleyes:

SEARCH FAWKER!!!!!! :goodfinge

·
Registered
402 Posts
A pretty common problem with those is that they frequently have a redneck behind the wheel :)

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heh true, i gots a question, the clutch on the truck has a good bit of travel before you can engage or disengage it, but it still can burn tires like a mofo, is there some type of adjustment on a clutch or somthing that might cuase that?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
colinlesser said:
Hey just bought a 1987 F150 4x4 4spd with a 302, are there any common problems i should look for?
Yup, start with the driver :toothless

I'm not sure about the clutch, did you check your Haynes manual? I would think there is some sort of adjustment there somewhere.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i'm not sure about clutch adj.i got an 87 bronco since new i'd guess no on yhat.for sure though the ex manifolds on the 302s crack.got mine replaced as well as the tail gate by dealer at no cost.but for 450 you can't go wrong!regards shovelhead

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
You have 760 posts on here, and you don't know what a TTB is??????????

Now I know why people say to skip over threads with your name on it.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I must say, this comes close to topping the TPS posts.
TTB=The Throttle Body...hahahahahaha

A common thing with the 87s is the one peice hub, PITA to work on.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
OR, Jeff's Bronco Graveyard has a conversion kit to switch it to the more popular style for only....$600!:shocked

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
That truck should be a 4 speed with OD. Could you get a granny low tranny in 87? Our 87 has the manual 4 speed with OD

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
waltman said:
Yup, start with the driver :toothless

I'm not sure about the clutch, did you check your Haynes manual? I would think there is some sort of adjustment there somewhere.
I agree on teh driver part, BTW hydraulic clutch, no adjustment, just bushings and a metal arm tha needs replacing...and is a big PITA...serach steve's supermotors clutch album

1 - 20 of 24 Posts