Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do i read so much about 95 heads and no 96's parts/ numbers at books i picked up. the 96 will have roller rockers, but the head it self should be the same?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The difference could be that bronco's were set up with MAF instead of speed density in 96. Some 95's have MAF, only if they were produced in Cali.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The difference could be that bronco's were set up with MAF instead of speed density in 96. Some 95's have MAF, only if they were produced in Cali.

but why would that change the head?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I don't know if its a direct correlation or not....?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
It wouldn't, MAF/SD would have no effect. Should not be any difference between heads on a 95 or 96.

MAF could be as early as 94, it depended on the location/motor.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
There were NEVER roller rockers in any 5.0L or 5.8L truck engines. Roller LIFTERS, yes, but not rockers.

The difference by 1996 was that Ford had dumped the air pump idea, or they spent the extra $5 on R&D'ing better mapping, so 1996 heads had no passages for air injection at the rear of them. There were the oddballs that had air injected into the exhaust manifolds (E-series vans come to mind), but other than that, the air pump was dumped completely by then.

·
it's Dan Five Oh
687 Posts
Yes. Same through 85-96 essentially.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There were NEVER roller rockers in any 5.0L or 5.8L truck engines. Roller LIFTERS, yes, but not rockers.

The difference by 1996 was that Ford had dumped the air pump idea, or they spent the extra $5 on R&D'ing better mapping, so 1996 heads had no passages for air injection at the rear of them. There were the oddballs that had air injected into the exhaust manifolds (E-series vans come to mind), but other than that, the air pump was dumped completely by then.
looking in the shop many i would agree, gonna climb up on my intake in the morning and have a look for a "thermactor" tube.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
air pump dumps right into the passenger side exhaust many, no thermactor pluming i can see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts