Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey any of you Docs???I got some scarry news yesterday & have some questions before I go to a differant Doc....Please PM me or I can post it here...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, I am a Dr., but unless this is a gardening question I can't help you. PhD in Agronomy.:doh0715: What was I thinking?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
I've got a "fair degree" of patience

but not much tolerance for others

Sixlitre:toothless

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Dude go to webmd dot com

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK...Heres the deal...

Thru my shrink we got a free cholesterol test...This was done thru the Pfizer drug company...

I got my results on wens....I guess all my tests came back off the charts....Like no one was even close to me....Below are the results & what the high risks are..

Total Cholesterol...
High risk...240
Me...287

HDL Cholesterol...I guess you want a higher score on this
High risk...40
Me...37

Triglycerides..
High risk...500
Me...622

My BP for that day was... 159/97

Im 35,5'5,145.....I was told by the Doc that I was a heartatack waiting to happen...WTF??....I eat decent,no fast food,not much for junk food,Baisicly only eat 1 meal aday,only drink 2 or 3 beers a day if even that...

So my real question I guess is how bad off am I???

AND MARV....IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE

·
Registered
148 Posts
ScorpionBoy said:
i used to give all my girlfriends repeated prostate exams. it is important to have a good bedside manner.:hump
I got some bad news for ya, if they had prostate glands they weren't girls. :rofl:

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
MUDDOG7375 said:
OK...Heres the deal...

Thru my shrink we got a free cholesterol test...This was done thru the Pfizer drug company...

I got my results on wens....I guess all my tests came back off the charts....Like no one was even close to me....Below are the results & what the high risks are..

Total Cholesterol...
High risk...240
Me...287

HDL Cholesterol...I guess you want a higher score on this
High risk...40
Me...37

Triglycerides..
High risk...500
Me...622

My BP for that day was... 159/97

Im 35,5'5,145.....I was told by the Doc that I was a heartatack waiting to happen...WTF??....I eat decent,no fast food,not much for junk food,Baisicly only eat 1 meal aday,only drink 2 or 3 beers a day if even that...

So my real question I guess is how bad off am I???

AND MARV....IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Holy crap Muddog !

I'm over twice your weight and considerably older and my readings ain't half of yours ! Get another test and start writing down what you actually eat to show the experts.

Do you smoke ? and why do you not spread your nutrition fill ups (meals) out over the day ?

It's not about calories for you, it's about telling your body (4 to 6 times a day) that it doesn't have to store chloresterol like you're starving it (which is what you're doing when you eat once a day).

Eating once a day is an invitation for diabitis.:shocked

Sixlitre

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
Ironhorse79 said:
I got some bad news for ya, if they had prostate glands they weren't girls. :rofl:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! I can't tell you how much this made me laugh.....mostly because i didn't even think about it when i read it. (Sorry Scorpion, but it is kind of funny):drinkbud

MUDDOG....

Don't assume that you had anything to do with this, the body's ability to deal with high cholestorol and high blood pressure is also proven to be genetic.

You may be one of those lucky guys that inherited it, thanks to my genetics i get to look forward to a heart attack, i have a genetic heart disorder in my aerotal (sp) valves. It's usually not a problem until your hear is older, but MAY cause problems now. So what the doc basically said is, you could have a heart attack at any given moment. That's pretty cool news, huh?

I only eat once a day IF THAT. If someone doesn't remind me to eat, i usually don't. I don't drink anymore, and my blood pressure still fluctuates between too low and too high.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts