Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've gotten back into the best multiplayer shooter game of all time with one of the modern ports that run on win7 (etc) in high resolution and all that stuff. (and it supports IP play over the internet, I can host)

Anyway I need some other players to shoot at! Anyone up for a game? It supports up to 8 players which would be awesome.

So who wants to play? I'll share the ported copy along with a couple good deathmatch levels. It's easy to set up.

:armed

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
So I've gotten back into the best multiplayer shooter game of all time with one of the modern ports that run on win7 (etc) in high resolution and all that stuff. (and it supports IP play over the internet, I can host)

Anyway I need some other players to shoot at! Anyone up for a game? It supports up to 8 players which would be awesome.

So who wants to play? I'll share the ported copy along with a couple good deathmatch levels. It's easy to set up.

:armed
:histerica:histerica:histerica

Kind Sir,

Think about your audiance. Id be willing to bet a UAC credit that many people here are kiddies whose only knowledge of Doom was a bad movie staring The Rock and british hottie Rosamund Pike

....and might think that Doom II was a direct to video squeakwill reboot.

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,904 Posts
Took me 3 months to complete the first Doom, half that for Doom 2. Doom was the reason I bought a PS2. I'm 44, but my wife is 31 does that count?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,648 Posts
I gave up playing Doom back when I was running the community college computer lab and hosted a LAN party. I setup the thing, hosted it and all at the risk of my gig as head computer lab tech... and those rotten little bastards kept spawn killing me so much, I don't think I got a single shot off in the hour I had reserved the lab for. :rolleyes:

good luck nerd! :goodfinge

now... I've got to go play minecraft. I'm starting to get the shakes. :brownbag

:goodfinge

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Took me 3 months to complete the first Doom:
SNM Failed to binge play.
SNM's failure to binge play resulted in abnormally excessive amount of time to complete.
Falure to complete Doom in under one week voids any claims (actual, implied or otherwise) of "Doomhood"

Doom was the reason I bought a PS2.
SNM played on 'console':barf
SNM did not play on PC:smilie_slap
True 'Doom' can only played on PC, therefore SNM not 'true' 'Doomer'.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,648 Posts
ah yes... the abbott to my costello (that ought to confuse the young'uns) :toothless

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never actually played doom single player (maybe like, the first and second level)
Shooter games have always been about multiplayer to me.... same with Descent.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I still love playing Doom... not sure how to go about doing this on the computer anymore though... I'm so console gamer, my pc is strictly business... uh, and stuff... but anywho, I still play all the dooms on the XB... and there gonna make another Doom... and they said its not going to be DOOM 4, Just called DOOM and should be good

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My PC is normally "strictly business" as well.

The modern port of doom2 I have is easy though. just unzip it into a folder and run it. nothing to install, nothing to set up (except controls and other in-game options)

PM me and I'll send you a link to download it (20 megs)... I've got 5 people lined up for a LAN/internet game tonight at 8 pacific, so there's still time!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
... and there gonna make another Doom... and they said its not going to be DOOM 4, Just called DOOM and should be good
yeh but they thevye been saying that for years....since long before Carmack left. Even back when ID was still ID, before Zenimax bougth them out....theyd say 'we wanna do another doom' or "were in developement on it right now", but then some new 'crisis' (no pun intended) would arise or they go of on some other developmental tangent.

And while Zenimax is no EA games when it comes to aquiring and ruining titles, with the original ID team gone, and the FPS beaten to death, I dont know how good another Doom could be.

That said, Zenimax also owns Bethesda, and Bethesda has done some pretty damn good work....so who knows. Betheday was dropping all kinds of hints a couple of years ago about a 'new' title they were going to be working on, not related to the FO or Elderscrolls franchises and ........hmmmm....well no shite.....just checking now....Doom is showing up on crapipedia under Bethesda.....hmmmm...could be just the publishing/distribution end as usual, but maybe the devopment end???

Intriguing

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
:rockon:rockon:rockon:rockon:rockon

Unbelievable, but my old PC from 92'th in config: i486 DX2-66, 8 Mb RAM, 340 Mb HDD, 5.25/3.5 floppy, QIC-40/80 Stream, SB Pro 16, CD-ROM quad speed, coax lan, keyb/mouse, CRT mon 14" stay here as memorial, in excellent shape and can be start up in about 30 min:))) Original DOOM I and II is there too:)))

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeh but they thevye been saying that for years....since long before Carmack left. Even back when ID was still ID, before Zenimax bougth them out....theyd say 'we wanna do another doom' or "were in developement on it right now", but then some new 'crisis' (no pun intended) would arise or they go of on some other developmental tangent.

And while Zenimax is no EA games when it comes to aquiring and ruining titles, with the original ID team gone, and the FPS beaten to death, I dont know how good another Doom could be.

That said, Zenimax also owns Bethesda, and Bethesda has done some pretty damn good work....so who knows. Betheday was dropping all kinds of hints a couple of years ago about a 'new' title they were going to be working on, not related to the FO or Elderscrolls franchises and ........hmmmm....well no shite.....just checking now....Doom is showing up on crapipedia under Bethesda.....hmmmm...could be just the publishing/distribution end as usual, but maybe the devopment end???

Intriguing
I hear ya, but all I know it DOOM 3 was BA... and the new wolfenstien game came with a registration to be able to play the new Doom Beta when available... I guess key word here is "when"... I'm not holding my breath, but I'm down for it if come to reality

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I hear ya, but all I know it DOOM 3 was BA... and the new wolfenstien game came with a registration to be able to play the new Doom Beta when available... I guess key word here is "when"... I'm not holding my breath, but I'm down for it if come to reality

Hope springs eternal, as they say.

Personally, I would rather see no new Doom rather than one that sucks. Too many titles have been ruined by the big companies trying to crap out money makers. Dooms I, II and III were all great. The Quakes (I and II) and Quake III Arena were great too, as was Return to Castle Wolfenstien, but the 2009 Wolfenstien was.....well....lacking, and I havent played any of that title since.

I just hope if they do put a new one out, they dont EA games it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My PC is normally "strictly business" as well.

The modern port of doom2 I have is easy though. just unzip it into a folder and run it. nothing to install, nothing to set up (except controls and other in-game options)

PM me and I'll send you a link to download it (20 megs)... I've got 5 people lined up for a LAN/internet game tonight at 8 pacific, so there's still time!
So, did the fragfest go down? How was it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hope springs eternal, as they say.

Personally, I would rather see no new Doom rather than one that sucks. Too many titles have been ruined by the big companies trying to crap out money makers. Dooms I, II and III were all great. The Quakes (I and II) and Quake III Arena were great too, as was Return to Castle Wolfenstien, but the 2009 Wolfenstien was.....well....lacking, and I havent played any of that title since.

I just hope if they do put a new one out, they dont EA games it.
I will totally agree with you about DOOM 1,2,3 and Quake 1,2,3 arena... wolfenstien though, was just a by product to me... and I only played to new one cause my brother in law sold me his Xbone and gave me that game too, so it was the only title had... and i'll also agree that big companies are trying to hard with remakes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts