Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background along with the problem..... One of the guys I work with has a 2005 GMC Sierra 4X4 with a 4L60 auto Transmission (out of warranty). He is getting a metal sounding clunk when it shifts from 2nd to third. He has replaced the fluids and filter and claims that the old fluid was clean. I tried to solve it for him trying to get him to sell it and to get himself a FSB but he is still resisting. Any ideas or direction?

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
Warhammer said:
A little background along with the problem..... One of the guys I work with has a 2005 GMC Sierra 4X4 with a 4L60 auto Transmission (out of warranty). He is getting a metal sounding clunk when it shifts from 2nd to third. He has replaced the fluids and filter and claims that the old fluid was clean. I tried to solve it for him trying to get him to sell it and to get himself a FSB but he is still resisting. Any ideas or direction?

i dunno, sounds like you had the only real solution and he won't listen.:toothless i had an s-10 back in the 90s. i despised that stupid thing. left me stranded constantly. tell dude to find some gm threads and search there, but it doesn't sound good to me.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
My 01 GMC 3500 had the clunk. GMC replaced the entire rear dshaft. No problems since.

Mine was a recall so you might have him check that. Sometimes you have to ask.:doh0715:

Oh and warranty goes a lot farther on certain items than the stated. I had the entire injection system and comp replaced on my DMax in Aug 05...It is an 01 with 115K. No charge.

Hate to say it but GM has never let me down when it comes to covering a part that has had issues on "this" truck.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
check driveshaft. u joints, slip yoke, and then the backlash in the rear end.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Did he have any computer programming done on his truck?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts