Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if i add the third battery isolated by a relay, should i run the positive wire to the other batteries terminal or to the starter solenoid? and i know we covered the isolator thing too, but i got another question. on the diagram i saw of an isolator, the two batteries connect to the iso and the alt does too. in my ford, the charge wire from the alt goes back thru the starter solenoid to recharge the batteries. i have a large case and there is a positive terminal on the back, but it runs to the harness and not to the battery. could i add an isolator by wiring both batteries to it & then wire it to the starter solenoid?

lets not focus on why im using the isolator & relay both. is this wired right for an externally regulated setup? and the way the wires run to the isolator may not be correct, i just did it for a mock up

& if you didnt use the isolator, would you connect at the battery

or at the starter solenoid?

if you have questions, we have discussed this on this thread if you want to catch up...
CLICKY HERE

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in the bottom two, my only worry was running the full fresh current of the battery thru the two dead batteries, if that be the case. i dont really need the isolator, im just toying with the idea. best suggestion yet, momentary switch for the spare battery so you cant leave it on depending on how you wire the other side of the switch. any thoughts about the isolator?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts