Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
car ramrod
Irate4x4 .com
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my BFGs just blew out. They were dry rotted so I knew I was playing with fire. Since I just blew through all of my cash building a 9 inch (which still isn't done) and on materials to make a soft top, the Firestone Destination M/ts I was planning on getting are out of the question now. From what I have read Treadwright is a good company. But the reviews I have read on the Guard Dog M/Ts have mostly been from jeepers. I just wanted to get some input from someone who has run them on a Bronco or another heavy vehicle, especially on how they handle snow.

http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/product/tabid/61/productid/12/sename/311050r15-guard-dog-mt.aspx

Also, does the Kedge grip seem worthwhile or does it sound like a bunch of BS?

·
car ramrod
Irate4x4 .com
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a set of 3 on craigslist that I am going to check out tomorrow. I was really set on getting a set of Firestone Destination M/Ts, so I don't want to get any new tires if I don't have to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have the treadwrites on my 88 and 97 cherokee. the bko is too heavy, and the tires slick up and dont clean really well. on the jeep they are perfect though

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I found a set of 3 on craigslist that I am going to check out tomorrow. I was really set on getting a set of Firestone Destination M/Ts, so I don't want to get any new tires if I don't have to.

My neighbor has a Jeep, and a Scout 2 on those tires. Depending on your location I'd consider something else. They are aggressive enough to dig to china on semi dry ground, but not aggressive enough to clean themselves out so they suck for mud.
They may be OK in rocks I don't know, but I would think there are other more durable alternatives.

They do seem to wear well though.

As for the Tread Write's I'm considering selling my current wheels when the tires wear out, so I can pick up some 16's or 17's to purchase some 315/75/16's from them.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Hummm... Interesting. I've never seen or heard of these tires. They are the old GY mt/r's. That's kinda weird.... Is treadwright a child company of GoodYear or somethin?

I don't think so. They have other tread patterns too. Including some that match the BFG All terrains.

They get really good reviews from everywhere. I don't think I've heard a single bad review, even on the net. Which is unheard of.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Hummm... Interesting. I've never seen or heard of these tires. They are the old GY mt/r's. That's kinda weird.... Is treadwright a child company of GoodYear or somethin?
They retread tires by vulcanizing new rubber on inspected casings. They have a good reputation and I've been very happy with my set of tires from them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts