Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
From what I have read you will not have any lick with that cam. If you are not running mass air I will not run good. Look for the thread on choosing a cam for fuel injection. The lobe separation of that cam is 110. The sd does not like less than 114

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know the name of that thread by chance?
Thanks man

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the goal is simple, just a cheap overhaul to factory specks until i have the money to do it big. The truck had 135K miles on it and a knock in a bottom end....need to get it back on the road before the winter.....I am getting a basic overhaul kit from summitracing.com
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEM-MKP6116A-300/

thought it would not hurt to replace the cam and lifters since they are old as well. just looking for something that will work well with a factory set up, preferably something that does not need a tune ether. I am guessing i should probably stick with factory spec cam as well?
Thanks for the input.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
only thing I would recomnd is converting to a roller cam from a factory 5.0L mustang.
Roller cam is the answer to save your motor from modern oils

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
only thing I would recomnd is converting to a roller cam from a factory 5.0L mustang.
Roller cam is the answer to save your motor from modern oils
Thats not in the budget right now. Roler conversion adds a whole lot more to it. Ill do that later on when I build a performance engine for it.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Thats not in the budget right now. Roler conversion adds a whole lot more to it. Ill do that later on when I build a performance engine for it.
Oil companies are being mandated to change their formulas to meet EPA standards. Roller it now or you'll be sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts