Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching YouTube videos of the Eddie Bower Edition full size Bronco’s and it looks like there was an option for rear facing bucket seats for the addition of two more passengers in the cargo area.

Does any one have these or does any one know if there are good aftermarket seats available to add this option to maximize passenger capacity?

They looked like they were equiped with a seatbelt harness like a 5 point harness or something like that.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,169 Posts
Not factory.

Best bet would be the jump seats out of an extended cab ranger or f-series. The seat belts in the ranger models are integral. On the f150 they are seperate. Also much much rarer in the fullsize trucks.

This is what to look for in the fullsize trucks

This set came out of a 90ish ranger.

You also need to make sure any bolts wont pull through the floor in an accident. Extra reinforcement is a must

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok let me go through my viewing history and see if I can find the video. The seats were labeled with the Eddie Bower logos.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well wouldn’t you know it. Now I can’t find the video. It was one of those videos put out of a Bronco for sale showcasing all the features of the Eddie Bower including the rare optional rear cargo area bucket seats. I’ll eventually find the video but I already spent a good amount of time looking and I am getting hangry now.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm doubting it was an option, most likely somebody having just took some pride on adding a set in. About the only option that really set the Eddie Bauers apart was in 96 for the turn signal mirrors, and possibly (slots were part of the rear plastic panels) tonneau cover since I am not sure if other packages offered that bit.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Check this out.

·
Super Moderator
23,936 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm doubting it was an option, most likely somebody having just took some pride on adding a set in. About the only option that really set the Eddie Bauers apart was in 96 for the turn signal mirrors, and possibly (slots were part of the rear plastic panels) tonneau cover since I am not sure if other packages offered that bit.
Now I really want to find the video and get to the bottom of it. Maybe I can contact the person who posted the video.

Anyway I’m thinking you are correct because more people would know of it if it was an option. I have seen a video or two of the rear Tonneau cover and now know it might be limited to 1996 vehicles. Makes it easier to track down if I ever want to add that feature for going topless ;)

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,169 Posts
I have seen a video or two of the rear Tonneau cover and now know it might be limited to 1996 vehicles. Makes it easier to track down if I ever want to add that feature for going topless
Are you talking about the retractable cargo cover that fits into molded in tracks in the rear cargo panels? Those were available in at least 94, and I suspect 92+ all had the option. They also came with a small cargo net. My 94 had the net and side panels, but like 99.999% of Broncos, the cover was missing. You would better luck finding a heterosexual unicorn... if you do find one on say ebay, expect to pay at least $300. Then imagine how many were tan and gray, vs red or charcoal or blue like mine should have had. Generally XLTs and better had them, while XLs and Customs did not, unless ordered.

They did come in bronco 2s at least as far back as '88 cause I found one in the JY recently.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are you talking about the retractable cargo cover that fits into molded in tracks in the rear cargo panels? Those were available in at least 94, and I suspect 92+ all had the option. They also came with a small cargo net. My 94 had the net and side panels, but like 99.999% of Broncos, the cover was missing. You would better luck finding a heterosexual unicorn... if you do find one on say ebay, expect to pay at least $300. Then imagine how many were tan and gray, vs red or charcoal or blue like mine should have had. Generally XLTs and better had them, while XLs and Customs did not, unless ordered.

They did come in bronco 2s at least as far back as '88 cause I found one in the JY recently.
Was probably a 94+ option then. Coincides with the interior color changes and my 92 EB and my dad's 93 XLT don't have the tracks.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,169 Posts
I can also confirm that 92 EBs didnt have them. I pulled the mocha panels out if one at the JY recently. No tracks.

20191221_191946.jpg

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I have to look and see if mine has the tracks. I don’t remember.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts