Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was cruzing JBG and ran across this cool 10" lift kit, and was wondering if anyone is running it or know someone running, also im a complete moron when it comes to lifts is this the one that uses blocks? i want to run a big lift, b/c i got ahold of 43x17.50s for about 550, that still have around 90% tread left on em, and i read the first couple pages of the lift and tire sticky, but found nothing, i know 43s will require trimming ,and maybe fender flairs depending on missouri's laws, i got my d60 for free from a local junk yard and want to do the lift and sas at the same time, or should i go to the 9" sky jacker w/a 3" body lift to fit these bad boys, just thought id run it by the experts, thanx in advance

Link http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33920_1980-96_stage_1_10__solid_axle_conversion__bronco___f150.htm

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
if i read it correctly that its just to change ur ttb to a solid axel, i didn't read anything about a lift

·
Registered
794 Posts
it's going to depend on how hard you are going to wheel in. i think there's a few guys here that have used this lift, but thet all pretty much say the only good thing about the lift was the radius arms.

definitely read the SAS thread before you buy it.

·
FJ80 Expedition Rig
1,461 Posts
:lolup :lolup :lolup :histerica :histerica :slap :doh0715:

Before anyone else messes with you man, you really need to research much MUCH more into this. Grab a couple of NoDoz, a red bull, and go to the Solid Axle Swap section and start reading. I'm not trying to be an ass at all, but this really needs to be something you look into much more before investing this kind of money.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
why the hell is this in anything else? it goes in tech you retard

take your daddies credit card and go to your local off road shop and just give them your bronco and the tires, and tell them to make them fit. i know you wont have any idea what they are talkin bout, so just let them work their magic, im sure your dad will pay for it all.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WES said:

take your daddies credit card and go to your local off road shop and just give them your bronco and the tires, and tell them to make them fit. i know you wont have any idea what they are talkin bout, so just let them work their magic, im sure your dad will pay for it all.

wow what a bad assumsion on your behalf, i was just asking b/c i have read about guys wanting more lift after they get one, i had an f150 w/ a 6" and wanted more when i sold itand since my parents do not give me money and i buy EVERYTHING myself, i had noticed it and was asking opinions, not for the rich boy poser speech

·
Registered
952 Posts
WES said:

That's a bad assumption. Just because he's young(im 18) don't assume he's a spoiled rich kid. He is talking about buying tires used, rich kids buy new.:goodfinge

Back on topic:

Is the D60 already rebuilt and ready to go in? I have read about these JBG kits(Fabritech, i think?) and they are way over priced for what you get and the quality. I think you should just built the D60(very expensive) and make your own brackets and such. Or maybe buy used brackets and coils from the FS section. 43's on a TTB wouldn't make it a month.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just turned 18 back in oct, and my next door neighbor seggested fabtech but i have never heard of fabtech, from what the local truck shop said fabtech is what they would recomend, for the d60s, how much is it to buid these bad boys up i was looking around and it seems parts from these bad boy are pretty expensive, and whoever drove the truck these were out of shelled the rear end so i know i need to get that fixed, and the truck shop also suggested 5.18s for the 43s seems like overkill to me i was thinking 4.55s, is this right?

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Dat_Bronco_Boi said:
i just turned 18 back in oct, and my next door neighbor seggested fabtech but i have never heard of fabtech, from what the local truck shop said fabtech is what they would recomend, for the d60s, how much is it to buid these bad boys up i was looking around and it seems parts from these bad boy are pretty expensive, and whoever drove the truck these were out of shelled the rear end so i know i need to get that fixed, and the truck shop also suggested 5.18s for the 43s seems like overkill to me i was thinking 4.55s, is this right?
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Before you spend any money read prettymuch every single tech article on this website. What your talkin about doin is a very long a drawn out process. Do you plan on doing this yourself or have a shop put all the pieces together?

Best thing to do for what you want to to put togerther a lift from different parts and pieces, some of it will have to be custom made.

oh, and your gonna need some tall gears ;)

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
magnumpi said:
Before you spend any money read prettymuch every single tech article on this website. What your talkin about doin is a very long a drawn out process. Do you plan on doing this yourself or have a shop put all the pieces together?

Best thing to do for what you want to to put togerther a lift from different parts and pieces, some of it will have to be custom made.

oh, and your gonna need some tall gears ;)

i start ford and auto custimization classes next week so i bet i could convince the teacher to let the class use my truck, for lift, body, wiring, paint, etc., so i guess the awnser is im gonna do some my self

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
then i would say start reading and figure out what pieces your gonna need, for what you won't to do and where they can be scavanged/bought at.

Good Luck, and keep us updated

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
magnumpi said:
then i would say start reading and figure out what pieces your gonna need, for what you won't to do and where they can be scavanged/bought at.

Good Luck, and keep us updated

sure thing prolly wont happen for awhile, i need to build some funds, got ppl i need to pay

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I think Fordgirl has that kit on her F150. Might want to get in touch with her.

·
Registered
794 Posts
oh yeah. forgot to tell you, your gonna catch lot of crap for this one, but it's normal. use search a lot around here. good luck with the build.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
honestly, i'd run 5.38's with 43's. and screw the fabritech kit. get a 60 front and 1 ton rear, and go leafs. easiest setup to run from a TTB rig (relatively simple fabrication) and you can run 6" leafs to get around 12" lift. but dont neglect the rest of your driveline. driveshafts will need to be lengthened, and most likely built with high angle u-joints

1 - 17 of 17 Posts