Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently burned up my AOD running thru the mud. Apparently the bone head I bought it from removed the neutral safety switch, wrapped it in electrical tape and zip tied it to the crossmember under the transmission. Not really a problem except the clown left the port open. Need less to say, I'm pretty sure I got a ton of water and mud in there and fried it. I replaced it with a c6 (truck is primarily a mud truck), I need to knowledge as to how the linkage is hooked up? I just unbolted the linkage from the AOD and left it there.

I was thinking I could just bolt this to the C6 and go to town. The C6 I got came off a carb run engine while my Bronco is fuel injected with the throttle cable. Also, are the location of the cooling lines crucial, meaning is there a specific flow. On the AOD the lines were right next to one another. On the C6 there is a line toward the front and one toward the rear of the transmission. If it is crucial, which line goes into the bottom of the radiator?

BTW, for those that are interested... I did not need to swap out the cross member or the drive shafts. Everything lined up perfectly.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
536 Posts
Did you do search in the forums? Im sure someone on here has swapped their Aod to a C6.....but if its a Mud truck why not put in a manual valve body and run a floor shifter? Thats what i plan to do...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did search this forum, other forums, and I've googled it. I didn't go the manual route because of the added cost. If I can figure out the linkage it would be a direct swap.

·
Super Moderator
25,752 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I have the linkage figured out. Any thoughts on how/where to hook up the tv cable? there is a bracket coming off the nss that had the kickdown rod on it. I assume since the vehicle is not carb then I don't need the kickdown rod? Or am I wrong and don't need the tv cable and need the kickdown rod?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts