Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving my washer and dryer to the basement and want to connect a waste drain for the washer into the cleanout (3 1/2") of the cast iron waste pipe.

Anyone know of an easy solution to this? Basic hardware and plumbing supply stores around here don't carry male threaded PVC adapters that will mate to the 3 1/2" cleanout. This is the only place to connect into the waste pipe in the basement, and the place where the cleanout is located is too short to break the pipe.

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Duh, I can't get the new hot water heater I just put to stop leaking around the hot water nipple........:banghead

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
You sure it is 3-1/2"??? I know Home Depot carries 3" and 4". I have never seen 3-1/2"

Now remember that 3" pipe will measure 3-3/8" O.D. for a male adapter.;)

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
Paul

Take the clean out cap off and take it into the city(driving right past the locals) and tell em' what you want to do. They'll fix you up with an adaptor for sure.

What you're describing is obviously flying right over their heads, but the cap with the threads will speak volumes to them.

Don't be afraid to do it in iron as there are sealants out there that will seal it all.

Sixlitre

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Six, after posting, we called another location of the bigger plumbing suppliers in the area and talked to someone more knowledgable than at their other site.

He got us hooked up (pun intended)

They do make a 3 1/2 male - 3" female threaded adapter, comes in cast iron, 3" PVC screws right in :thumbup

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
PaulT said:
They do make a 3 1/2 male - 3" female threaded adapter, comes in cast iron, 3" PVC screws right in :thumbup

Never doubted they did just never seen one but I am an electrician and not a plumber. Glad you got the hook up bro...:thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
PaulT said:
Thanks guys.

Six, after posting, we called another location of the bigger plumbing suppliers in the area and talked to someone more knowledgable than at their other site.

He got us hooked up (pun intended)

Excellent !

Now get them filthy duds into the suds !:toothless

Sixlitre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts