Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very unfortunatley I must sell my newly aquired 86 Bronco. Please let me know if your interested or know someone who might be. I would much rather sell to someone that will maintain and improve this truck, as I had planned.

I busted an axle shaft on my Jeep and I must replace/upgrade and need the cash, not to mention my pregnant wife is not happy.

Location - NJ, 86 Bronco, XLT, 302, AOD, Black and Silver. The Bronco is from Florida, it spent its entire life down there. Never seen a salty road. It was my Aunts (she has owned it since 1990) and it had a small electrical fire in the fuse box because of a poorly installed alarm system. I had it shipped up here just a few months ago. Complete new wiring harness from donor vechicle, professionally installed by a specialty auto electric mechanic. It has 142,000 original miles, 2,000 miles on new rebuilt engine (have receipt), new 31" tires. The Body and particularly the frame is in pretty good shape since it came from the south. To be honest I haven't even checked to see what the true market price would be, but I'm asking $3000. I already have over $3400 into it. If this is low, I'll be firm, if this is too high, give me a best offer. I'll be checking prices in the next few days. It will go in the local paper and on ebay later next week. I can send pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the tripple post, tripple post, tripple post....:rofl:

It said I wasn't logged on and asked me to log in, I did, and it said invalid, tried again, blah, blah, blah.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
that's gotta be a new record, never seen it before.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i had this site on my home pc say i was not logged in a few times and the work unit never been an issue. the only difference is the work pc is autologged in....mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a great truck, new engine, ect. I've got more into this truck than I'm asking. It's going on sale full force(multiple websites, and local paper) tomorrow.

Let me know.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Gilligan said:
Very unfortunatley I must sell my newly aquired 86 Bronco. Please let me know if your interested or know someone who might be. I would much rather sell to someone that will maintain and improve this truck, as I had planned.

I busted an axle shaft on my Jeep and I must replace/upgrade and need the cash, not to mention my pregnant wife is not happy.
From what I'm reading, you're going about this all wrong....

Sell the broken Heep. I would say "screw the wife", but it sounds like you already covered that :toothless

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Must keep pregnant wife happy at all cost!!

Bronco's are great and Jeeps are great. It's like enjoying Blonds and Brunettes!!!

I can't really speak for other parts of the country, but honestly for wheelin' in the North East I don't see how anything can beat a Jeep. The trails are tight, you have to actually try to damage the body (dam things all tires), great approach angles, great in the rocks, ect. There easy to upgrade... Bronco's are more for wide open trails, mud, ect... You could make a decent prerunner out of a Bronco, forget about jeeps at anthing over 10mph. There's good and not as good about each.

·
Registered
490 Posts
^ well put actually, i know what you mean with the trails up north

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Question

Ok, no one on here wants my Bronco, so I will ask a question instead. What would be a fair price for my Bronco. I have searched the web and find a big range in prices. Some good things: 2K on new engine, FL truck (now up north), only 140K original miles, bad things: stock as can be, a little rust (not in typical areas, two dime size rust holes, one in the roof, stupid sunvisor, and one around the back of the rain guard, very minor surface rust in a few other places).

Any suggestions on price when I put this out on the market?

·
Registered
258 Posts
i just wanna say one thing, nothing about the bronco youre selling, but, it doesnt matter where u are, broncos beat em all, with either how they handel on the trails, or just brute force, just my opinion.... i cant stand jeeps.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
fullsize broncos right now, you can't give em away. not only that, there are a TON of them for sale, so people can cherry pick the really good ones. it's a sad, but accurate, state of affairs right now. of course there are exceptions for unique and original trucks, but in general, you're practically going to have to give your bko away if you want to part with it. as an example, i just sold my '96 with approx. 80K original miles on it, with over $20,000 invested into it - for $6800, and i was damn lucky to get that much. i saw guys asking twice that for similar stock rigs with more mileage, but they weren't selling, they just sit there.

imo, you'd be happy to get $2000-2200 right now for your rig. although it's got relatively low mileage for the year, and a newer engine, it's still a 20 yo stock truck with a 302, and the rust is a minus. people can buyer newer bkos with less mileage for the same price you are asking. i know it hurts, but that's my honest opinion. good luck with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts