Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading there for the Coachella music/arts festival. The dates are April 29-30.

There are a ton of other bands, but I'm only gonna be there for TOOL. They're one of maybe 5 bands, that I'd actually travel out of state to go see.

It's prolly gonna be the last fun thing I can do b4 heading to Iraq.

Last year there was nearly 50,000 in attendence, both days, so it should be a pretty good party.

If any one wants to meet up and go, shoot me a PM.
Or if anyone knows the area well, any help would be great. I know nothing about the area, so I'll be kinda wingin' it out there.

Here's some info on the other bands.
http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001921286
http://www.coachella.com/

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy351 said:
whats it cost?

IIRC a one day pass is $86:shocked

Spendy as hell, but it's well worth the cost to me.

It's all general admission.

I wanted to go last year when NIN was headlining, but I went to see them in Reno instead.

I'm sure there'll be a ton of shit to do, I'm guessing it'll be a bunch of weird hippy crap like lollaplooza when it 1st came out.

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Damn, they're still doing that festival? I went years ago when RAtM headlined.

I didn't read the articles, where are they holding the event this year? Is it at the Empire Pollo Fields?

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Burl Swift said:

I didn't read the articles, where are they holding the event this year? Is it at the Empire Pollo Fields?
Yep, thats the place.

Here's the lineup for each day, so far...

SATURDAY APRIL 29, 2006

Depeche Mode
Daft Punk
Franz Ferdinand
Sigur Ros
Damian Jr Gong Marley
Common
Atmosphere
Carl Cox
My Morning Jacket
TV on the Radio
Ladytron
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Tosca
Cat Power
Animal Collective
HARD-Fi
Derrick Carter
Devendra Banhart
She Wants Revenge
The Walkmen
The Juan Maclean
Imogen Heap
Audio Bullys
Lady Sovereign
Deerhoof
The Duke Spirit
Eagles of Death Metal
Lyrics Born
Matt Costa
The New Amsterdams
The Zutons
Platinum Pied Pipers
White Rose Movement
Chris Liberator
Colette
Joey Beltram
Hybrid
Living Things
Wolfmother
The Like
Nine Black Alps
Celebration
The Section Quartet
Shy FX & T Power
Infusion

SUNDAY APRIL 30, 2006

Tool
Massive Attack
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Bloc Party
Paul Oakenfold
Scissor Sisters
Matisyahu
James Blunt
Sleater-Kinney
Mogwai
Coheed and Cambria
Wolf Parade
Coldcut
Phoenix
Digable Planets
Gnarles Barkley
Amadou & Mariam
Little Louie Vega
Mylo (DJ Set)
Seu Jorge
Ted Leo & Pharmacists
The Go! Team
Kaskade
Metric
Editors
Art Brut
Dungen
The Dears
Jamie Lidell
The Magic Numbers
Los Amigos Invisibles
Jazzanova
stellastarr
Michael Mayer
Murs featuring 9th wonder
Mates of State
Gilles Peterson
Infadels
Gabriel & Dresden
The Subways
Minus the Bear
OneRepublic
Be Your Own Pet
Youth Group
Giant Drag
Kristina Sky
The Octopus Project

There is only a couple of bands that I know, or have even heard of, but like I said, I'm only going for one of them...Maybe I'll end up seeing something else I like, but I highly doubt it.

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
derrick36 said:
Yep, thats the place.
The freakin' place is huge. I saw Pearl Jam there in 93', and let me tell you, be sure to dress warm if you plan on staying into the night. It gets cold out there in the desert, we weren't prepared and had to huddle up on the hood of a Sherrif's car in order stay warm while we waited for our ride. He was cool about it...what a character. He kept telling us he was on the lookout for kids on drugs...and how he could spot them a mile away.

Well...back in 93...he had three of them sitting on the hood of his running patrol car...and was none the wiser. :toothless

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Burl Swift said:
The freakin' place is huge. I saw Pearl Jam there in 93', and let me tell you, be sure to dress warm if you plan on staying into the night. It gets cold out there in the desert, we weren't prepared and had to huddle up on the hood of a Sherrif's car in order stay warm while we waited for our ride. He was cool about it...what a character. He kept telling us he was on the lookout for kids on drugs...and how he could spot them a mile away.

Well...back in 93...he had three of them sitting on the hood of his running patrol car...and was none the wiser. :toothless

That's funny shit.

Thanks for the info.

I've never even been to cali, so I probably woudnt have dressed for the weather.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GearHead said:
86 bucks? damn things have gotten expensive.
last show i went to was 17 bucks i think, that was a few years ago.
i like tool, but i think i cant afford the ticket, or the 3000 mile ride.

Ya, normally it wouldnt be that much. If it was just a TOOL concert, with a couple of openers, it would probably be in the 45-55 dollar range(b4 the stupid fees).

Last time I saw them('02) it was $55. The problem is, they probably wont be starting their US tour til after I leave. So unless they announce something soon, this is my only option.

Since there are so many other bands, they can charge alot more.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
well, like 'Prison Sex' and 'Stinkfist' and a few others seem to have this violent homoerotic vibe. just sort of wondering about the band and their lyrics etc. I am also a Tool fan, so I am not denegrading the band or anything.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ScorpionBoy said:
well, like 'Prison Sex' and 'Stinkfist' and a few others seem to have this violent homoerotic vibe. just sort of wondering about the band and their lyrics etc. I am also a Tool fan, so I am not denegrading the band or anything.

Ummm, I guess so:shrug

I've never thought about it.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
ok. forget i brought it up and have fun. i can't believe how many bands are on that playbill. crazy. the tool tickets for the show here are now trading for about $1K. can't believe that.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ScorpionBoy said:
ok. forget i brought it up and have fun. i can't believe how many bands are on that playbill. crazy. the tool tickets for the show here are now trading for about $1K. can't believe that.

Yeah, my future piece of shit brother-in-law just bought some for the seattle show for $600. He had to go get them on Ebay, b/c they sold out in under 10minutes.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I would LOVE to go. Tool, Paul Oakenfold, Massive Attack, Common, My Morning Jacket...just to name a few of the bands I know and like. Crazy. Have fun.

I still prefer Maynard in his APC role vs TOOL, but either way they're both the shit.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Saurian said:
I would LOVE to go. Tool, Paul Oakenfold, Massive Attack, Common, My Morning Jacket...just to name a few of the bands I know and like. Crazy. Have fun.

I still prefer Maynard in his APC role vs TOOL, but either way they're both the shit.

Well, at least someone knows some of the other bands. I have no clue who most of them are. I'll check out the ones you mentioned.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts