Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 bronco ac car with a cracked up silicone housing and missing parts inside. I also have a 77 f250 non-ac with a beautiful & complete heater system that is also all under the dash rather then the core and fan in the engine compartment. The question is has anyone ever done a swap like this and is there anything I need to know?

Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
It's been done before by others, check the 78'-79' forum. I will tell you that you'll have to fill the hole in the firewall where the old A/C box was first. Then you'll have to transplant all the non-A/C components from the donor to your Bronco which might involve pulling the dash to remove and reinstall everything and you'll have to move some wires around on the blower motor switch plug on the A/C harness to run the non-A/C blower.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I am doing that on my project truck

I cut a non a/c firewall from a truck at wreckers ,right side of firewall

trimmed it nicely and welded it into my truck where someone cut a hole for the a/c box. looks like factory as I welded up at the seams top,bottom and right side, barely noticeable weld seam on left side near center of firewall

if you have a parts truck, should heave everything you need except a space to put the rear window switch without modifying the heater control face,unless truck has 2 fuel tanks and tank switch went where window switch goes I believe

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
let me try to post some pics

it is of the box sitting in my stripped shell, and then the box alone

the heat comes out where the screwdrivers are stuck in,above the piece of plywood

I have to figure out how to resize my pictures, they are way too large

1 - 5 of 5 Posts