Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Katie and I just got in to Meridian MS early this morning. We're staying at a Navy base that's set up strictly for evacuations.

I hopped off a plane after spending the week over in New London Connecticut, finished packing up the house, grabbed the dog and drove all night.

My station got the word early that they could bug out early to beat the mandatory evac. Watching the news today, it looks like we made the right choice to leave when we did.
The rest of the guys/girls I work with should be up here tonight.

I hope everyone gets out of NO safely, and I hope our house/things are alright.(cross your fingers for my bronco:toothless)

Pretty sweet intro to the south for us:toothless:toothless

Stay safe.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
:stupid I hope more people have evacuated this time around. I'd hate it see another Katrina type disaster with as many people still at home.

·
Registered
106 Posts
where's ridin it out here, in mobile. we may miss out on the bad stuff but thats can change any time now. i'm about 60 miles from the coast give or take so no surge to worry about. just wind and rain.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good to hear people are getting out this time. I'll be heading in(somewhere down that way) on Tuesday, if not sooner, to get the power back on. I got a feelin it's gonna be an interesting couple of weeks for me

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Welcome to MS bro... I hope the NAS takes care of you and yours. Hopefully everything will be alright and you can return home with no or minimal damage done!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm here in Slidell weathering out the storm. It's just starting to have an effect on us. Wind's picking up and we have rain here and there. I'm sorry to the mods if they don't like me crosslinking to another forum, but here's my blog for Gustav: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/blog.php?u=14098&blogcategoryid=7 I'm going to do my best to post up as often as possible. I am hoping to have enough battery backup power and laptop battery life to get me through the storm without a loss of 'net.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good luck to you crawdaddy. Remember, after the storm passes, stay away from those downed power lines and out from under trees. Line-crews will be switching like crazy and anything could come hot at any time. And there will be plenty of "widow-makers" (Hanging tree limbs ready to fall). Just be careful

·
Retired
16,018 Posts
Man hope all turns out good for you man. It would suck to have to start your life all over again....:shocked

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's just rain and some wind right now. the power went out about 4:30am and came back on just a little while ago. i hope this is all we get. all yall in la stay safe.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to MS bro... I hope the NAS takes care of you and yours. Hopefully everything will be alright and you can return home with no or minimal damage done!

It looks like so far so good. We've been glued to the news, and it doesnt look TOO bad so far(knock on wood).

The NAS has been awesome so far. They've really gone the extra mile to take care of everyone.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Well, seemoremud, I could really use you now... We lost power probably close to an hour ago. Thankfully I have 3 laptops with about 3 hours of battery life each, and I have 4 UPSs that I can use to power my wireless router and DSL modem. I'm hoping to not lose DSL service. Check my blog for other notes that I'm making on the storm. I'm going to get some pics up on othe web as soon as I have something interesting to post. So far, it's been pretty quiet. OK, I'm out for now... Good luck all!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.