Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
Bonzai said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-9...tegoryZ33558QQihZ014QQitemZ330003635599QQrdZ1

Im talking this one specifically. From what i hear from searching a lot of people say they are worthless. But theres some people that say they can feel it. These guys have sold tons of their spacers, anyone on the board pick one of these up?
This is a touchy subject- but my experience with one says I could see, feel hear, touch smell, any difference, however I'll see you the one i have for half of that if you want to try it. It's a poweraid- Red. I have all hardware still.-Bob

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Hair Facial expression Forehead Gentleman Hairstyle

Slickerthanyou said:
This is a touchy subject- but my experience with one says I could not see, feel hear, touch smell, any difference,
Fixed that for ya. :thumbup

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
My roomate recently put one on his 2002? Chevy 1500.

2 days ago he called me after driving back to New Jersey and said he got 20 mpg. This is the first time he put it on the highway after he put a 6 inch lift on. Kept his old tires, but still 6 inches higher.

Another friend drove with him in his late 80's Suburban with the 350 and got 16mpg. Both of them had the same throttle body spacer and now they swear by them.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
kf4amu said:
Both of them had the same throttle body spacer and now they swear by them.
Do they have a Plenum and long runner type upper intake like we do?

Because if they do then a TB spacer shouldn't do anything.

If they have a diferant style intake then there is no telling.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
oh jesus here we go again.

I dont care what Gack says, but i put one on mine and i could tell the difference and i gained 2 miles in my MPG rate. ill take 2 MPG where i can get it. I feel a better throttle response and a peppier truck all around. People on here say that it is a placebo effect but i like mine. A member on the board hooked me up with it so i didnt pay for it. And even if it didnt do anything it is staying on my truck cause i am too lazy to take it off.

ken

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Gacknar said:
Do they have a Plenum and long runner type upper intake like we do?

Because if they do then a TB spacer shouldn't do anything.

If they have a diferant style intake then there is no telling.
Its that common stupid looking square piece of metal with a couple big holes in it. I thought the same thing...70 bucks for THAT? Biggest waste of money I've seen. BUUUTTT if it works...

·
Registered
532 Posts
It dont work. I have the same one. Bough it for my truck before finding this forum. It's still on there ONLY because I haven't had the desire to take it back off. No difference at all. Get a K&N kit and you will be happy

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Jt8786 said:
Throttle body spacers are pointless... atleast according to the things I've read on this site. Plenum spacers though....
Listening to what everyone says will usually leave you thinking its going to be pointless. I'll bet 97% of those people that say it won't work only say it because they heard someone else say it wouldn't work. And they got their information from the same guys that heard it from someone else too. This is why people shouldn't give advise about something unless they have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with it. Then you can say if it did work or didn't. Most of the people that have installed one say they did notice a difference. That enoufgh for me to know that installing one might be worth it. Don't say it won't work just because by looking at it or its design you don't think its possible it could do anything.

Everyone said the same thing with the Tornado fuel saver. Everyone says it wouldn't work and its not possible putting a restriction in the intake could give you better milage. Well, I put 2 of them in my F150 and I have found out that they actually do give you better milage. After that I also put one on the Explorer. If they didn't work I wouldn't be using them

·
Registered
636 Posts
Throttle Response

Sorry if I hijack the thread for a minute.....Throttle response is a buzzword used by the "HP" companies to get you to buy their crap...especially the crap that really doesn't do much for you.
Examples of this phenomenon are:

Better throttle response.
Crisper throttle response.
Faster throttle response.
Improves throttle response.
Snappier throttle response.

All of which are really important if your part has no horespower and torque specs to truly back up their claims.
In my opinion, the only place throttle response is really important is:

1. Driving a race car.(drag/sprint/circle track)
2. Precision driving manuevers in an offroad situation.
3. Precision manuevers in an industrial piece of equipment.
4. Aircraft.
5. An M1A1 Abrams Tank.

For 99.9% of people buying the junk, it is not neccessary, and not truly realized. Ultimate throttle response comes from the processing speed and programming of the PCM. And on carbs, it's the tuning of the carb and the ignition system.

Makes you want to buy their wares, doesn't it?

Sorry for the Hijack.

·
Registered
262 Posts
MikE2 said:
Listening to what everyone says will usually leave you thinking its going to be pointless. I'll bet 97% of those people that say it won't work only say it because they heard someone else say it wouldn't work. And they got their information from the same guys that heard it from someone else too. This is why people shouldn't give advise about something unless they have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with it. Then you can say if it did work or didn't. Most of the people that have installed one say they did notice a difference. That enoufgh for me to know that installing one might be worth it. Don't say it won't work just because by looking at it or its design you don't think its possible it could do anything.

Everyone said the same thing with the Tornado fuel saver. Everyone says it wouldn't work and its not possible putting a restriction in the intake could give you better milage. Well, I put 2 of them in my F150 and I have found out that they actually do give you better milage. After that I also put one on the Explorer. If they didn't work I wouldn't be using them
Yes.. excuse me for trying to be helpful. I purposely included the part about me reading about them on here, so as to let him know that I didn't have first hand experience. That way, he could disregard what I said if he so chose. How do you think information is passed btw? You saying this to me is like saying I shouldn't relay anything I hear on the news. I have no first hand experience with it.

I'll bet 97% of those people that say it won't work only say it because they heard someone else say it wouldn't work.
So you can make assumptions based on absolutely no facts, but I can't based on other people's experiences? Well I like your whole "holier than thou" approach.

I really don't care what you have to say about a Tornado Fuel Saver. That has nothing to do with anything I said.

Don't try and belittle me dude, I was trying to help. I'm sorry if that contradicts whatever you have to say, but according to the things I've read, I speak no lies. I'm not trying to be a dick btw.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
take it easy there buddy. I wasn't saying anything directed at you.

damn, you gota be careful when you quote someone around here. I was just did that because your reply was one of the typical ones that say "everyone said it didn't work".

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Jt8786 said:
Yes.. excuse me for trying to be helpful. I purposely included the part about me reading about them on here, so as to let him know that I didn't have first hand experience. That way, he could disregard what I said if he so chose. How do you think information is passed btw? You saying this to me is like saying I shouldn't relay anything I hear on the news. I have no first hand experience with it.

So you can make assumptions based on absolutely no facts, but I can't based on other people's experiences? Well I like your whole "holier than thou" approach.

I really don't care what you have to say about a Tornado Fuel Saver. That has nothing to do with anything I said.

Don't try and belittle me dude, I was trying to help. I'm sorry if that contradicts whatever you have to say, but according to the things I've read, I speak no lies. I'm not trying to be a dick btw.
You're a tool. If there was any guy on this board that I'd trust to get honest to goodness down to earth truth for a response it would be Mike and he's right the majority (97%) of us would say it's probably a worthless piece of shit without having ever tried it. And whether you care about the tornado or not is irrelevant since it serves a similar purpose and Mike actually took the time to document it's performance results which to many of us was quite impressive

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.