Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those how are wondering if 33" tires on 10" wheels will fit on a stock Bronco the answer if NO!
I just put my 33"s on my 96 bronco and they rub the back part of the front fenders in the wheel wells alittle bit. So now I need to lift the front on my truck 1 1/2 to 2"s. I saw this front 2" lift on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33585&item=2437530360

and was wondering if anybody has used one before? I can't lift the truck anymore then 2 1/2" because then it won't fit in my garage.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
33's will "fit" on a stock bronco now depending on the year of your bronco you may or may not have rubbing just dont make the generalization that all 33's dont fit because that could mislead some people. but anyway yes someone has installed a 2 or 2.5 in lift here do a search I cant remember exactly who. Otherwise I would say get a grinder or sawzaw and just trim it up where it rubs a bit, that way you will save a good chunck of money.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I wouldn't use spacers I'd just get new springs. But if you search you will find a lot on this. Whether you use the spacers or bigger springs you will also need new shocks (I think), new camber bushings for the upper ball joints and either drop down axle pivot brackets or drop down radius arm brackets if you want the alignment to be Ok when you're done.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I brought the front end of mine up almost 3" with 1-ton coils in the front...get them at your local junkyard.

Cheap and easy...
:beer
Bill

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
hey Bill how was your camber after you did that?
what did you get them off of? does it matter? what did you do with the rear?
thanks for the help.....i wanna lift but im poor.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I used a set by Daystar that look just like the ones you seen on E-Bay only in red instead of black. Not to difficult to install. I put add-a-leafs in the back and these on the front. Only had to change the camber. I will be putting on 33s when I wear out my old tires.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
1982bronco said:
hey Bill how was your camber after you did that?
what did you get them off of? does it matter? what did you do with the rear?
thanks for the help.....i wanna lift but im poor.
Camber was pretty bad...BUT for some odd reason it didn't make the tires wear poorly. I drove it like that for a while - well until I could get the camber readjusted - so I did that in August (I think). Anyway, for the rear, you can always use blocks, but personally, I don't like them. I am waiting until I can afford a new set of leafs or a set of good add-a-leafs for the rear to bring it up. Right now I stargaze a bit, but it's not THAT bad - I notice it, but I doubt many other ppl do.

As for what to get them off of...whatever it is, it must be 2wd - 4wd 3/4 and 1-tons have front-end leafs - 2wds have coils. Personally, mine were out of an 87 F-350 diesel. I have VERY detailed instructions and so on in my superford page.

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
211 Posts
I used pretty much that same kit on my truck so I could run 33's. It did throw the camber way off but an alignment shop took care of that. Other than that I have had it on for about a year now with no problems, took me about 6 hours putzin around at work one night. The spacers up front bolt into place using new hardware so I don't see any major problems there, the add-a-leafs simply slide into your existing leaf pack. I will say this, due to the extreme camber change you may have to special order a cam for adjusting the alignment, I did, it may make future alignments a P.I.T.A.
Shane

1 - 12 of 12 Posts