Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting pretty stoked about the new movie Mel Gibson is Directing that comes out in Febuary about the real story of Christs' persecution. The whole movie will be in Latin with English subtitles..

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Oh brother, "The real story"? Were you there?
I guess Mel Gibson was.

I could poke so much fun at this, but I will walk away. LOL.

What would be really funny is if Mel Gibson passed around an offering plate during the prescreening, i wouldnt be a bit surprised.

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
I agree with stang, if i wanted to read ...... id go get a book, and have stang read it to me, LOL j/k

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
stangmata50l said:
Don't joke....i have a sexy voice :histerica
And u have the ear rings to prove it :histerica Unless i looked at the wrong one in the pictures with the chicks :beer

·
Registered
529 Posts
broncobill said:
Getting pretty stoked about the new movie Mel Gibson is Directing that comes out in Febuary about the real story of Christs' persecution. The whole movie will be in Latin with English subtitles..
Shouldn't the movie actually be in Hebrew :shrug I didn't think the Jews spoke Latin :histerica Anyway I would like to see it regardless.

edit: Oh they actually speak Aramaic (What the Jews spoke) and the Romans speak Latin. Cool concept....everyone speaks the language they would have spoken at the time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I forgot to add they spoke in Aramaic also... I think it is a great idea.. At first they were not going to subtitle the movie.... Besides most of us now how the story goes... The whole idea about this movie is to show graphically how his last days on earth was... I think just by watching everyone would understand the whole movie..... My wife is finishing up her Masters in Latin this semester..She will really enjoy the movie too...Should be a powerful movie..I read an article that the Pope had a private screening of the movie and very much approved that it was as close to the way it happened than ever seen before and he wept......neat stuff..

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Yeah amazingly enough, he is still alive. I think he is the only person that has a autographed Bible. Dang the pope is old.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Beerman said:
Oh brother, "The real story"? Were you there?
I guess Mel Gibson was.
I agree whole heartdly with Beerman, you may see it as flaming but how can someone tell "The real story" of somthing when there is only one source to draw from?

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
For the record I wasnt trying to flame anyone directly.
I respect everyones faith, and beliefs, I just find it amusing that even Hollywood can exploit religion and no one cares.

The comment about "The real story" yes that to me is a joke.
Until anyone can prove to me and the millions of other scientists in the world that there is a god, or any higher power then I will stick with what i feel is level headed thinking.
Again that is just my opinion, maybe someday after death I will be wrong. I certainly hope so. If heaven is as cool as all you wierdo's out there say it is then I dont see why I wouldnt go, you have to know Christ to deny Christ. So I havent commited your ultimate sin.

So before I waste my time typing a long message, you are entitled to your faith because we are americans, level headed people, and the amendment allows that.
I have my opinion and I expect the same respect.

I do not protest religion out of ignorance, my vision is not blurred by anything. I account for my own actions, and I thank myself for my own accomplishments. I dont feel i have to stare up at my ceiling at night and tell the ceiling how good I did, or ask it to help me be strong.

Nevermind I will quit. It is hard for me to talk about this without getting to personal.

SO ya, I hope it is a really great movie and the interested public enjoys it thoroughly.

Have a great night.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nathaniel said:
I agree whole heartdly with Beerman, you may see it as flaming but how can someone tell "The real story" of somthing when there is only one source to draw from?

The one source being the Bible,right.Its not like its an encyclopedia where it gives you information but the bible gives you the truth.Things that the bible states are happening now..I dont think its a coincidence(sp).But it is a free world so we can believe what we want to believe but being a Christian,you have to spread the word to those who dont believe(Im not saying you or anyone else dont believe but in general) :rockon

·
Registered
918 Posts
broncobill said:
He dies for you my friend......... :rockon

AMEN to that :rockon :chili: :thumbup

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
RaisedIIPerfection said:
But it is a free world so we can believe what we want to believe but being a Christian,you have to spread the word to those who dont believe(Im not saying you or anyone else dont believe but in general) :rockon
What gives Christians or any other faith the right to push their beliefs on others?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I wonder if they are going to make the Romans look like the bad guys again....like the do in every Jesus flick.......every time.

With the exception of the movie "Quo Vadis" (even that one did a little) all of the Hollywood movies tend to depict the Romans that way when if it weren't for the Romans, we,,, as a world would not have a great many things that we hold dear.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts