Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some bronco buddies, and a wheeling partner... Just curious if anybody here runs up to royal Blue, the watershed, or any other places in the East Tennessee area.

THanks,

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have a horse, and yes I can rope.

Resume basically looks like this.

Walden Creek Cattle, Pegion Fordge, TN March '05 - Sept '07
G/M ranch Larame, WY Oct '07 - Dec '08 (seasonal)

Lot's of rodeoing in there (about $8000 worth of earnings)

Now though, I am settling down, looking for a better paying job than just being a "Cowboy" if you will, due to the demand it put's on you, and the little pay you receive is next to nothing

Are you in the East Tennessee area?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,914 Posts
No, I'm just outside Atlanta.

I wanna learn how to throw a rope. Got a john mule I ride from time to time. I'm planning a trip to Wyoming this June. Planning on hitting Sheridan, Cody and maybe Billings, MT. I can't wait! I wanna move out there something fierce.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's nice to have the wide open spaces, but man it get's got during the winter.

Notice I was at G/M from oct 07- Dec 07, the cold months and I was riding in union suit, jeans, a couple flannels, coat, slicker, wooly chaps, couple pairs of socks, gloves, boots, bandana, and a hat, and I'll tell you, I was still cold. 8" of snow the night we drove the herd back to the ranch for sorting.

I like Kansas alot better, flat, easier to work cattle on, cheaper land believe it or not, at about $750/acre right on the Kansas Lebbet Co./Oklahoma state line.

Here's a picture of me and Comanche and Jessie (My blue healer, best damn cattle dog around, She can turn em, so I can burn em).

Here's another picture from back in the day (2 years ago) when I rode saddle bronc and bareback bronc.

Here's a picture from when I was around 13-14 in the swimmin hole with Anasazi.

Here's one of my ol red truck stuck on the farm.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,914 Posts
Nice pics, I like the paint horse. Always wanted a blue heeler, but right now I don't have the time to devote to keeping one occupied with things to do.

I know it gets cooooold, and I heard its windy as hell out there too. So yeah, realistically I don't see me moving any time soon. Thought about just working a dude ranch during the summer to appease the desire and stay grounded somewhere more practical. I just want out of this city and I want animals to take care of.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice pics, I like the paint horse. Always wanted a blue heeler, but right now I don't have the time to devote to keeping one occupied with things to do.

I know it gets cooooold, and I heard its windy as hell out there too. So yeah, realistically I don't see me moving any time soon. Thought about just working a dude ranch during the summer to appease the desire and stay grounded somewhere more practical. I just want out of this city and I want animals to take care of.
Yea, it's alot windier out there, but to tell you the truth, the wind is nothing compaired to Kansas and Oklahoma. 25mph winds is a normal day. It sure makes good for those 105* summer days, but it'll suck the life out of you on those 0* winter days.

Tennesee, North Georga, and North Alabama have the best weather in my opinion. Durring the winter it rarely get's below 30*F (Unless you're in the Appalachins), and the summers rarely see anything above 90*F.

You just can't beat that!

If Land wasn't so dang high and jobs didn't pay so little here, I'd never move away in the rest of my life. It still looks like I'm going to sta here though. It's where I was borned and It's where I'll probably die. :beer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts