Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here has mounted a 50's Ford truck body on a Bronco chassis? I tried the search function but it seems like I only found a couple with Ranger cabs and a 70's F150 cab.

I've got a 54 Ford F100 and I want to use it for an year round daily driver/parts hauler. And here in Minnesota year round means snow, mud and just about everything else. So I want this to be 4wd. After doing some checking I found that the 78+ Bronco chassis looks to be the best choice. The Bronco's wheelbase is 104" and the 54's is 110". I'd much rather cut 6" out of the box then have to cut a F150 frame in half, shorten it and weld it back together.:toothless

I found a rusty 78 Bronco I'm hoping to pick up this weekend.

I was just wondering if anyone here has done this body swap and if you did do you have any pics or advice? Thanks.

Ted

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
all i can say is anything can be done if you want it, seen people put cadillacs on truck frames, this seems much easier.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
I think that would look pretty slick. I looove the 53-56 pickups. Mmmmm I want one.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Go on pirate4x4 and look at the ford bulletin board for the post titled The 57. It is a 57 ford body on a 93 f150 frame. It isn't done yet but it is awesome so far.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
A 93 F150 is a far cry from a 78 Bronco, but would be cool nonetheless.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 53-56 Ford trucks are my favorite body style. And I've been wanting a 78/79 Bronco for a while. So this will kill two birds with one stone.:toothless

I want to be driving this before the end of summer.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
It would be an awesome project. I love the 53-56 as well, so much so that I have the V8 grille emblem on my arm!

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Rocky, That is a cool site, nice build, I would like to see that finished!

Slim, That Was fawking Sick Dude! That Guy Has Balls As Big As Church Bells, That truck Truly Rocked!!

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw the link for that 57 a while back but forgot all about it. He's made some great progress on that one. Mine won't be nearly as nice as that one.

Slick thanks for the vid link. That 51 is a cool truck but that aint no Bronco chassis!:doh0715: :D Looks like it's a fullsize blazer chassis or maybe a dodge? Didn't sound like a Ford either. :smilie_slap

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
something like this? i think its a regular short bed frame but still sweet

1 - 20 of 45 Posts