Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm getting to the final details of my build and I was wondering if anybody had a source for just the tube for a 95 mass air truck? Id like to upgrade to the better k&n or other option if you have one but im gonna be using a pro m mass air sensor and filter to I don't really feel like spending the money on the whole setup. Or if you know of a better option for just the tube that would be great as well. Thanks in advance guys. :beer

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't look like the air raid kit khan the y in it. Spectra might work.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Where is the air tube for your existing 1995? What you require is the "Y" adapter for the twin throttle body. You can call K&N to see if you can just buy the tube but you will still require the adapters and clamps. Possibilities are as follows:

1995 5.0L Air Tube (PN F5TE-9B647-AA)

1995 4.9L Air Tube (PN F5TZ-9B659-F)

K&N Intake Tube (CP) - Long (PN 087082) - Cut and adapted

Personally, I would just buy the K&N 57-2543 which is designed for a 1995 Bronco w/Mass Air and includes everything except the MAF Sensor.

Another option is to dump the Intake Manifold and go with a Single Throttle Body design and then visit Silicone Intakes for adapters.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have the stock one. Just seemed like the sorta thing to upgrade when you do a build. I've told u mine but for everybody else 351 fresh bottom edelbrock heads comp cam edelbrock intake all the normal goodies.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,069 Posts
summitracing sells a re-boxed knn kit for a little bit cheaper. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-f1142/overview/make/ford
its what I used when I did my install, I also just cut the tube and got an adapter to go to the MAF sensor. I'm using a Pro-M maf so nothing would of been a straight bolt up anyway.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,455 Posts
I was going to say - my 95' had a K&N FIPK on it and my 96' has the same exact intake tube on it... Both 5.0 trucks- looks like the K&N is just a MAF adapter for a cone element with a holder for the intake temp sensor next to it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Neither the flanged or non flanged pro m units will fit right on then? That's what I was looking at going with too. Got a link to the adapter u used?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,069 Posts
If you order the one for speed density the plastic tube will be longer and you should be able to do it with only one adapter. Like so

I think I used this one
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/knn-084050
I would measure them both and make sure before you order it, I can double check mine. I made a support plate for the pro-m maf that mounts to the factory air box housing holes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See that's why I love this site. You both gave me two functioning options. Sounds like the k&n kit for speed density (prolly order the summit rebranded version) with one adapter and the pro m sensor is gonna be the ticket. Now just for the sake of being able to use everything I buy do either of you K of if the k&n filter will fit the pro m? I'm sure I could look it up but I figured either one of you would prolly know off hand. Thanks guys! That pretty much sorts out the last of my engine swap stuff. Also crazy if you do get a chance send me the info for the adapter if it's wrong I can always exchange it but I'd hate to have to wait to start it over an air intake adapter. Lol

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,069 Posts
The filter that comes with the speed density setup is too big to fit the pro-m meter, its made to go on the end of that big tube with not adapter. When I got my pro-m I got it calibrated with a conical filter so I just bought their filter thinking it has to be right that way, I think I may have gotten a deal on it when I got the two together also.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. Ya I saw on the pro m site you bassically just tell them what ur doing how ur tuning it and it's like 40 bucks or something and they will add the correct filter to it. I wasn't sure untill you just told me but I was thinking that which is why I was originally asking if anybody knew where to get the k&n kit without the filter to save a little money. Lots of great info in this thread tho.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
I personally don't like the hot air intakes but to each his own. I'd rather have a drop in K&N and wrap the factory intake plumbing in reflective tape. A little less cold air is better than a shit-ton of boiling hot air.

Like steve has posted, ford used pretty much the same intake setup on the turbo 7.3, the intake tubing is not really that much bigger than the small-block gas engines. If it flows enough for a fat air hungry diesel with a turbo, it'll flow more than enough for pretty much any built 351.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I already have a k&n drop in in the stock setup. You don't think there's any reason to upgrade the stock airbox and tube beyond the drop in for what I'm doing then? I like saving money but don't really wanna bottleneck a nice warmed over small Block with something simple like that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh ok. The truck this is going in is originally a maf 5.0 truck so I have everything for that and I have everything for a stock speed density truck sitting here from the parts truck I got my 351 block from.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out now then. Am I gonna get more power with the k&n setup or just keep it stock with the k&n drop in and maybe get a 460 core support to air box tube.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
The 460 airbox tube is the same as a 300 if I recall correctly. Put that in your pipe and think about that. ;)

Throw the stock set-up on, insulate it with tape (there's a write-up on here somewhere) and drive your truck that much cheaper. Spend that money on something more important.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
How does one keep the mud from getting in one of these air intake set ups. I have a covered up setup and still manage to get the filter wet. I know I know, not everyone drives a Bronco offroad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts