Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can have this for free if I ask for it. My buddy owns the junkyard. I just don't know what type of axle it is. I tried searching for pictures, looked for the tag, don't know what it is. Junky thinks its a ford. Looks like chevy shock mounts to me. 3 1/2 inches across the hub....I'm new to SAS stuff.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Looks like a chevy 10 bolt. What side is the diff on?

·
Registered
236 Posts
10 Bolt from a 3/4 ton.
For free get it, you could sell the knuckles out for someone for some cash.

Tell you buddy you'll get a Chevy Dana 60 under your rig if you get it for free. THen well talk about swapping the tube to make it drive side drop.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eveything in this yard is a greasy mess. I don't want to clean every part I find just to see if it'll work. 99% seems to be chevy stuff.

Junky called me today to tell me someones built up Ford 4x4 is coming in today. Says it has the axles I'm looking for and I should wait. If it really is, I'll buy the whole truck and we'll all get a little something. A tree grew through the door its been sitting so long.

·
Registered
236 Posts
bluesquirrel said:
Couple more days of walking through junkyards with a clipboard full of pics, and I'll be answering other peoples "what is this?" You guys are great. Thanks Craig
Glad to know I'm not the only one doing this. Guess we're both :wacko

SO, what your plan? Are you taking pics of different stuff?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
hard to tell on top pic, bottom one is a 10.25, not a D60

10.25 always look wide/broad to me....that have that huge ribbing at each corner, top and bottom.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
is the 70U the only one with the smooth bottom??

·
Registered
236 Posts
bluesquirrel said:
Dana 70? Front and rear according to owner $300
Anybody else think thats a deal? Will they work is the next question
:chili:
I can't tell from the PIC, is that a closed knuckle? (I'm guessing it is, Drum brakes)
Get the BOM and find out if it's 70's Dodge or IH. Why is that bad? They had 5-88x U-joints, not as large as a typical Dana 60 U-joint. Or the Dodge might have a Tracta Joint.

I'd pass.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts