Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am in the middle of a project but I need an either new 351 windsor block or a low mileage 351 w block that I can definitely know it was running before purchasing. I had a block that was suppose to be good but once it was opened up, found out it was damaged. j

Is there any companies that sell new 351 block? I tried Summit but theres area $1900+:duh

Thanks guys

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Hey guys, I am in the middle of a project but I need an either new 351 windsor block or a low mileage 351 w block that I can definitely know it was running before purchasing. I had a block that was suppose to be good but once it was opened up, found out it was damaged. j

Is there any companies that sell new 351 block? I tried Summit but theres area $1900+:duh

Thanks guys
You want a short block with internals? Or just an empty, good block with no cracks? The guy in the shop next to me has about 100 blocks in his unit, in various stages of god-knows-what. Let me know and I'll call him.........

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Also you may wanna call Vellio's Machine Shop in Lawndale---they've always got something newly rebuilt laying around.......

310-643-8540

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just need a good short block with no cracks and without internals, i already have new pistons, crank, rods, etc. I just want a good decent block becus guy building its going to stroke it to 425. Can you let me know any info you get? Maybe I can pick what block or ask him if he has any new or very low mileage ones. thanks alot for the help, i really appreciate it..

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
I just need a good short block with no cracks and without internals, i already have new pistons, crank, rods, etc. I just want a good decent block becus guy building its going to stroke it to 425. Can you let me know any info you get? Maybe I can pick what block or ask him if he has any new or very low mileage ones. thanks alot for the help, i really appreciate it..
I just left him a message. In the meantime, you oughta call Vellio's jfthoi and see what they may have laying around. You just might be pleasantly surprised. Last year they had a newly built 348 stroker engine that I could have bought for $1350.00.........:toothless

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,137 Posts
Anybody know where I can buy a new 351 bare block?
I'm glad I don't have this problem. I've got me a spare in the garage :rockon

Good luck with your hunt. :thumbup

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
You definitely want a Windsor block? And not a Cleveland? He just told me there's a slight difference 'twixt the two......

·
Registered
710 Posts
just a stupid bit of opinion here, but since you're starting from scratch why not sleeve the bad boy and run some badass pistons and rings so you can shoot some nitrous to it??? drag bronco!!! that would definitely get rid of any sluggishness a bronco has got...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I do have brand new pistons, crank, rods, heads etc. Just need the block and the engine is not for a Bronco, its going into my 67 Mustang;). And yes I want a windsor and not cleveland. My engine builder is Ben Alameda from California, he is a well known mustang engine builder in the Racing community, so i am just looking for exactly what he tells me.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Actually I do have brand new pistons, crank, rods, heads etc. Just need the block and the engine is not for a Bronco, its going into my 67 Mustang;). And yes I want a windsor and not cleveland. My engine builder is Ben Alameda from California, he is a well known mustang engine builder in the Racing community, so i am just looking for exactly what he tells me.
Alright, he's gonna try and dig one up. May take a couple of days though, hope you need it last Thursday......:toothless

RB

·
Super Moderator
26,353 Posts
yo,
Just in case; Remanufactured Engines & Transmissions - Motorcraft® Brand, Broncos & all Ford vehicles
Source: by fordinstallersupport.com

Remanufactured Engines & Transmissions - Dual Brand, Broncos & all Ford vehicles
Source: by fordinstallersupport.com

get some estimates from the Distributors & Ford; Ford has a good guarantee and the Qual is up there. And the Ford reman trannys/engines do not need to be installed by a Ford Dealer

Look at this Excerpt;
"...Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines
Ford Motor Company, The American Road, Dearborn, MI 48121 (“Ford”) provides the following Limited Warranty on Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured
Transmissions and Gas Engines to Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Dealers (each being a “Dealer”) or general Installers (each being an “Installer”). This Limited Warranty provides that Ford will credit the Dealer or Installer for repairing or replacing, at Ford’s option, any Ford or Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmission or Gas Engine sold by Ford that is found to be defective in factory-supplied material or workmanship subject to the following terms, conditions and limitations:
Retail Customers: To obtain warranty service, please return your vehicle to any Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Dealership or return to the Installer who
originally installed the Ford or Motorcraft Engine or Transmission Assembly in your vehicle. Please have your original dated receipt for installation date verification.
Complete Gas Engine Long Block Assemblies (6006/6V012) and Transmission Assemblies (7000/7V000/7003)
36 months or 36,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates
• If installed by a Dealer, reasonable towing charges (up to 35 miles or to the nearest Dealer) are covered only if the vehicle is not covered under
another towing insurance coverage Short Blocks (6009/6V009), Cylinder Heads (6049/6V049) and Crankshaft Kits (6303/6V303) for Gas Engines
• 12 months or 12,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates
• If installed by a Dealer, reasonable towing charges (up to 35 miles or to the nearest Dealer) are covered only if the vehicle is not covered under
another towing insurance coverage
Warranty Start Date
• Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines installed by the Dealer or Installer—warranty begins on the date of installation
Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines sold by Dealer or Installer over-the-counter or to a retail purchaser—
on the date of sale
Limitations to the Warranty
The following limitation applies to the products covered by this Limited Warranty
• Towing charges are not reimbursable for Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines sold
over-the-counter by a Dealer or Installer..."

read more incl the;
"No-Risk" Core Return policy means accurate quotes for engine and transmissions are no problem. 100 percent core credit will be given (regardless of damage or quality of returned core); just follow these guidelines and the return runs
smoothly.
• Returned core is the same part as the assembly purchased
• Core is 100% complete with all parts attached and all fluids drained and is returned in original package..."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts