Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got one of these in the basement and my friend wants to throw it on his 302-equipped Bronc he just bought. Are these a direct swap-in on fuel-injected Bronco's?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
No. Plus it's not even worth it, really. The factory 5.0L intake is actually pretty spanky. :thumbup

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
Don't waste your time. And dont buy aftermarket intakes for the 302 either.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have thought about one before also. Agean the stock intake is pretty good though. If you HAD to swap intakes, thats probably what I would change to though. Any other mods to the motor? Also its not a direct swap. There is some rewiring, adapting of cables, and plumbing stuff.

·
Registered
382 Posts
What do you want for it??? I need one for the wife's Mustang.

As far as putting the Cobra/Explorer intake on-it's a worthwile mod--I'm running a Cobra on my 91 (it's a 351 though). The 302 intake is a damn good piece from the factory. Hell, even Mustang guys were ditching their HO intakes using truck intakes back in the day.

Keep your factory intake, sell me the Cobra/Explorer intake, and use the money for a good cold air and T-body!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No other mods to his motor. I told him not to buy it in the first place becuase I knew the 302 really wouldn't be enough motor for a lift and bigger tires. p-351, I'll send you an email. You're not to far where my mother's side of the family is from.

·
Registered
600 Posts
the 302 not being enough motor? Are you crazy?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
No other mods to his motor. I told him not to buy it in the first place becuase I knew the 302 really wouldn't be enough motor for a lift and bigger tires. p-351, I'll send you an email. You're not to far where my mother's side of the family is from.
Yeah you're right. The 302 sucks, worst engine ever made.:smilie_slap

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. :toothless :goodfinge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts