Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever built a roof mounted light bar for their bronco? ive wanted one for a while but their fairly expensive. anybody got tips on plans or materials? any ideas id like to hear em :popc1:

thnks
mike

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
i bought mine for $99. probably would have cost more to buy all the materials then fab it up myself.

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
hefty that is awesome. ever think of selling them?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I picked up some gutter mounts on Ebay for like 20 bucks..some sqaure steel tubing at Home Depot for about 10 bucks...bolted it together and coated with rustoleum and undercoating material, then mounted up the lights I had on hand ( 4 lights from Walmart, 40 bucks total if I remember correctly).

best picture I have right now...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I picked up some gutter mounts on Ebay for like 20 bucks..some sqaure steel tubing at Home Depot for about 10 bucks...bolted it together and coated with rustoleum and undercoating material, then mounted up the lights I had on hand ( 4 lights from Walmart, 40 bucks total if I remember correctly).

best picture I have right now...

is that rhino liner??? that's f-ing awesome!!! I'm gonna steal your idea when I paint my beast...:rockon

·
Registered
461 Posts
goober...not Rhino, but the same idea....didn't want to have to worry about paint and all that..lol. I went a step further and did the chrome as well...bumpers, mirrors...all done up.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got bored and built the gutter mounts out of some scrap metal from the shop. I just fabbed 'em up for now, I still gotta go buy a piece of square tube that'll fit across the cab. Then I'll paint it mount it and throw up some pics.

The mounts were actually really easy to make and bolted right on with no problems.

·
Registered
461 Posts
thanks...the only issue I didn't realy think about was wiring...I used cheapo lights so the wiring came through the mounting nut, and that meant they stuck out the bottom of the bar, and I had to wrap the wiring and wire tie it to the bar until it went in the cab. worked fine, just not the prettiest design...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts