Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this forum ever had rigs capable of lifting the front tires (even if only a little)? I was chatting witha jeep owner who used to be able to do them with his ford powered jeep, but cant say ive ever seen an actual ford fullsize that could do it. I have to admit i have a bit of asick interest in the idea...

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
LOL..I was just looking for one of the vids I have of that truck pulling wheelstands. Suffice to say..there is some serious HP in that beast..and a lot of suspension mods just for the drag track.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
HP doesn't lift wheels, torque does. But yes that has lots of horsepower too.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh nick, the jeeps im talking about could run circles around your rig all day long, dont be an ass.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Can in my 75 Bronco race truck...Kind of tricky...I can also floor it & it will come right around on me....Very scarry ride on the road...

·
Registered
995 Posts
my truck damn near pulled the fron tires off the ground... when i was pulling the sled @ the buck lol

still magaged to go 176ft
My toyota did that too when I was hooked to the sled at Harvest Festival a few years back. Not bad for just having a pissed off little 22r. Made 119 feet before the driveline twisted in half.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
never really tried it on pavement. but I think my clutch might slip a fair amount. :toothless

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
this guy i know has an 84 K5 blazer 18" lift and 40" boggers. Hes got a 383 stroker and an sm465. hell keep the front up through all of 2nd...:shocked:shocked

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
I once rode in a CJ-7 with a worked 350 that would pull the front tires off the ground about 4"....

I've never seen a fullsize that could that wasn't specifically made for wheelies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts