Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doin the SAS thing soon, has anyone reworked aftermarket TTB arms to work on a solid axle? Is it even worth the hassle, or safe for that matter??

Discuss. :popc1:

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
honestly, why?? you should be able to score the proper radius arms if you have a D44 to do the swap with, and even if you dont, they arent that expensive. the only rig i can think of off hand that used TTB arms would be Oscar, but he used aftermarket extended arms and modified them to work with a D60 and setup the bushing connection to be similar to that of a land rover

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
you can use the stock radius arms and get the bent and twisted extensions for them. I believe it prettymuch achieves the same effect.

·
Registered
26 Posts
magnumpi said:
you can use the stock radius arms and get the bent and twisted extensions for them. I believe it prettymuch achieves the same effect.

How would you connect the radius arms to the axle?

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
sldaxl150 said:
How would you connect the radius arms to the axle?
im sorry, i meant the stock Solid axle radius arms. not the ttb arms

·
Registered
236 Posts
masterbeavis said:
anyone cheap enuff to re-work TTB radius arms to fit solid axle application?
Beavis, Go read a little on the swap and see how much the average total cost is.
Why would you try to save $20 - $75 in parts to do an inferior job?

If 6% of your cost are these radius arms, and you can't afford that ... I'd make sure you can afford the swap before you start. I'd hate to see you skimp on steering parts and not get new TRE's...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just kickin around ideas. I have a set of extended TTB arms laying around, I hate just throwing stuff away if it can be used

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
masterbeavis said:
just kickin around ideas. I have a set of extended TTB arms laying around, I hate just throwing stuff away if it can be used
what brand are they and how much would you sell them for?

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
oscar is the only one i have seen, he made his skyjacker extended arms ( i think, may be rancho's ) any ways he modded them to be simuialr to a range rover set up for his dana 60

1 - 11 of 11 Posts