Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
I'm in Johnson City about 1 hour from Asheville. You should check our club 4x4grace.com for rides. There are several places around. We ride at Globe near Blowing rock which is down your way. We have 3 active N.C. members now and I'd love to see another Bronco!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Ah! Another person talking about Globe! There's alot of talk of it everynow and then on NC4x4.com, but Idk where it is. Gub_Ni, could you give somemore info on it (like could a stocker do it, mild truck, wild truck?)? Or is there a website that I could go to to get some info on it?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Gub_Ni said:
We ride at Globe near Blowing rock which is down your way. We have 3 active N.C. members now and I'd love to see another Bronco!
Near blowing rock you say? Im going to college at App state (next fall) in boone, so thats nearby hopefully I could hook up with you guys sometime :thumbup

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
I haven't been, so I can't give details. If you're interested go to 4x4grace.com and post a msg in the trails area and you will get directions and details. From what I've heard it requires a built truck and certain parts require a wild truck, but there are by-passes for those areas. A stock truck would get you there and you could hike it! :toothless

·
Registered
312 Posts
i'm stationed at ft. bragg and i've been looking for some good trails to ride...i was only there for 4 months before i deployed, so i have to wait until december before i'm released back into the real world. maybe we could organize something like others in dixie chapter do.

·
Reverend Trick Playa
993 Posts
I grew up in Franklin and my family is from Murphy (last town in the western tip of NC....that everyone congregates to for Tellico). My Dad lived in Hanging Dog not far from the Forest Service road going into the pay gate for Tellico.

Got a few places I know about....not sure how far you want to go though (distance vs time)????

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in Boone and we've been wheeling at globe before, but I hear from people at high country 4x4 that people are getting trespassing tickets down there. Anyone else heard anything?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
bc56845 said:
I'm in Boone and we've been wheeling at globe before, but I hear from people at high country 4x4 that people are getting trespassing tickets down there. Anyone else heard anything?
Yeah, I think I heard mention of that from some kids here at school in the schools 4x4 club.

Another person from Boone :thumbup

·
Registered
5 Posts
NC

I currently live in greenville nc attending ECU grad school but i'm from linville n.c
i know the crotan and pisgh well i have buds in sylvia and cullowhee who have some hot wheeling like calico. if you want mud then come to the crotan you can find all you want just pick any rainy day. but bring at least 4 tow straps you may need them

·
Registered
312 Posts
anyone know of any god spots about 45 miles or so from fayetteville/ft bragg? i need to get some wheelin' done when i get back in december....

41 - 60 of 102 Posts